I Need a Good Reliable Vehicle Transportation Service

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
No sir, just letting you know that $1000 is cheap for 700 miles. The cost in gas alone would be $600.

$1 a mile? 4mpg (more or less), maybe at 140mph you get 4mpg?

I can easily get 20mpg around the speed limit in my GT500 Vert, so 700mi/20mpg = 35 gallons * $4.00/gal for 93 octane, about $140.

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
Reliable Carriers is another one to check out. They were great for me. Used them several years ago though.

nxhappy

Established Member
$1 a mile? 4mpg (more or less), maybe at 140mph you get 4mpg?

I can easily get 20mpg around the speed limit in my GT500 Vert, so 700mi/20mpg = 35 gallons * $4.00/gal for 93 octane, about $140.

You are not understanding.

You complained about $1000 being "expensive" for transporting your car 700 miles.

I am telling you that is a great price. Because in a 53ft truck, which gets 4 miles to the gallon, fuel will cost $600 ONE WAY. Not including driver expenses.

So my advise to you is, if the company is only charging you $1000 to deliver your car 700 miles, that is a good deal.

Now if you are too poor for that, you can spend $300 in gas to go get it yourself. It's that simple.

lkempf

Established Member
Reliable and Intercity are the premier companies to ship in an enclosed trailer. I had mine shipped a couple of years ago and wished I had used one of these. I went through a broker and it was a waste of money. The broker makes money by just being the middle man, and they won't give you a definite price. Skip the middle man and go straight to the shipping company.

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
You are not understanding.

You complained about $1000 being "expensive" for transporting your car 700 miles.

I am telling you that is a great price. Because in a 53ft truck, which gets 4 miles to the gallon, fuel will cost $600 ONE WAY. Not including driver expenses.

So my advise to you is, if the company is only charging you $1000 to deliver your car 700 miles, that is a good deal.

Now if you are too poor for that, you can spend $300 in gas to go get it yourself. It's that simple.

You haven't offered one piece of, "advise" [sic]... Who did you use to move your car? Who can you recommend? Thanks.

Last edited:

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
To those who recommended Reliable, I did get a nice quote, $908, but a possible 2-4 week wait. I'm going with Intercity. I also agree, stay away from brokers.

For the record, Intercity is saying 2 weeks, and quoted $1095.

Last edited:

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
Another benefit, Intercity installs a soft car cover, then wraps the entire car in plastic. They also offer COD. I'll report back on my experience. So far so good. The first test is going to be if they stand by their quote of up to a two week pickup date, perhaps sooner they said.

Last edited:

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
The first test is going to be if they stand by their quote of up to a two week pickup date, perhaps sooner they said.

UPDATE:

I fired them. Piss poor communication, and lack of honesty in quoting me a window of pickup. They were the most expensive quote of all the other carriers I found, but I felt they were worth it.

Talk about a bait and switch.

I emphasized with 3 separate emails, "will it be a maximum of two weeks". I even told the guy, I have other carriers just as good as you that will do it sooner, but I want Intercity because a lot of people recommended you! I was assured it wouldn't be longer than two weeks, and more than likely, POSSIBLY SOONER.

After buying the car, sight unseen, the $40k check is cashed by the Seller, on Sept. 29th. I book on Oct. 1, expecting a two week wait. Keep in mind this car is right off I-80 in the Mid West. Not buried deep in Montana off a dirt road. Very centrally located. You would think with all the GPS tracking, logistics software, etc, you could have a pretty damn good estimate of when things could happen, apparently not.

After booking the order, I didn't hear anything back, no updates, and when I did get an answer, it was just more ambiguous than precise, just a "hurry up and wait" kind of attitude, with nothing even close to a commitment. I had to call, as they made no effort to keep me in the loop. They were just sitting on their asses waiting for more orders to streamline their bottom line, that's my opinion.

I wait 8 days to check in again for the second time, with Intercity for another update, knowing I am calling early, but I need an update on when my 40k Shelby is getting picked up. The coordinator doesn't return my call or email within the same business day. I call back the next day, and spoke to one of the owner's. She says the coordinator will get back to me.

Ten minutes later, I get an email, not a phone call, and he tells me it's going to be picked up around the 19th, and I would have my car delivered AROUND the 23-24th. Keep in mind, I am one days travel from the pickup point. I understand things don't go as planned in the trucking business, but don't tell me 2 weeks, waste 8 days, to tell me another two weeks. I've got 40 grand just sitting waiting to get picked up by these jackasses. So with a possible 24 day waiting period, I told them to cancel the order.

So, I asked my friend who runs a high end German/Italian Auto Sales, who he uses. So I call them up on Thursday, yes they are a broker, something I've been told to stay away from. My friend uses them to ship 100k cars to events, auctions, etc. They assure me a max of 3 business days to get it loaded, and that it's very common for these bigger companies to leave you hanging, so they can route a truck as close as possible to maximize their profit, at your expense. So today, Friday, they find an enclosed trailer heading East, they are picking the car up tomorrow, Saturday, and I'll have it by 3pm Sunday. $985.

Booked, paid for, and delivered in FOUR DAYS! What a stark contrast to waiting 8 days with Intercity, to tell me 16 more days!

None of this would have mattered as much, if it was my own car, and I wanted it shipped, a few days here or there wouldn't matter. However, when you have a large amount of money just hanging in limbo like this, a few days MATTERS! This was all clearly stated up front, and how critical his quote of two weeks would mean.

Now I just have to see how it arrives, and in how many pieces :bash: :D

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Some companies don't seem to understand the importance of communication. How hard is it to pick up a phone or send an email?

Hope your car shows up correctly. I assume the seller made a note of the odometer and any defects with the car? (major dings and dents etc)

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
Some companies don't seem to understand the importance of communication. How hard is it to pick up a phone or send an email?

Hope your car shows up correctly. I assume the seller made a note of the odometer and any defects with the car? (major dings and dents etc)

Yes the Seller took video, and documented everything, took a picture of the odometer. Car will be here Sunday. Pics to follow! :pop:

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
Well I couldn't be happier :dancenana:

The driver called me several times on Saturday night, giving me a heads up on pickup time, once it was confirmed loaded, and a final call with an approximate time of delivery, which was between 12-4pm on Sunday. It was always, "Yes Sir", "I'll be happy to explain that Sir", and "Thank-you", etc. to any question I had. I said call me 2 hours before you are arriving. Then, tried to go to sleep.

So Sunday at 12:48pm, I got a call, as requested from the driver 2 hours before arrival. The said they would be there at 2:48pm. I figured ok 3 o'clock, they are probably going to be late. So I left in the Vert, planning to get there at 3pm, and wait.

What a surprise! I saw the big transporter as I pulled in and was amazed at how big it was! They had my triple black beauty already parked for me to inspect. They were exactly on time, as I missed the unloading by 12 minutes! Not to worry they had these really long ramps, and I wasn't concerned, as I saw pics of it being loaded from the Seller.

Both drivers were extremely polite, and asked me to walk around the car. The car had exactly the same mileage, down to the tenth, as when it was loaded. There wasn't a mark anywhere. They gave me the keys, then I thanked them profusely for their professionalism, signed the delivery note, and snapped a few pics.

All I can say is HOLY $#!# at how smoothly, professional, and FAST that this process went. I placed the order Thursday at 4pm to the broker my friend uses, a transporter was sourced Friday morning, the car was picked up Saturday 4pm, and was delieverd 3pm Sunday, after a 15 hour drive.

Now I can retire my summer daily driver, and start putting miles on my winter beater :burnout:

As an aside, not that they care, but Intercity really let me down, and I can't recommend them. Sure, I'm probably some small time chump to them, and might never ship a car the rest of my life, but this first time dealing with them was disappointing.

A few pics:

DSCN5178.jpg

DSCN5182.JPG

DSCN5195.jpg

DSCN5210.JPG

DSCN5213.JPG

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, sorry to hear about your bad experience with Intercity. My experience was the complete opposite.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I am glad things worked out for you in the end... Shelby delivered safely. You had different circumstances and timelines than I did with my two moves with Intercity, and I can understand your point of view. I will use Intercity again if the need arises, but hopefully I can drive it to my destination next time.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
WOW, Im shocked, Intercity has always pulled through with phenomenal service!

Users who are viewing this thread