I Need a Good Reliable Vehicle Transportation Service

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
Just bought a Shelby and I am looking for a very reliable, trustworthy company to ship it 700mi from the Mid-West to the North East. I would prefer an enclosed trailer.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

StangsfeverFOX

Established Member
I couldn't find anyone I was truely comfortable with to ship my lightning to Texas , so me and the buyer decided to meet in the middle next week. Were in the Middle East and were in pa . I'm located 30 mins from Pittsburg

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Just bought a Shelby and I am looking for a very reliable, trustworthy company to ship it 700mi from the Mid-West to the North East. I would prefer an enclosed trailer.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Intercity Lines. Used them twice for coast to coast moves. They will take good care of your new Shelby. http://www.intercitylines.com/

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
Good tips. I saw Jay Leno recommends them, and I actually got a reply back from Wayne Carini, of F40 Motorsports / Chasing Classic Cars, and he said Intercity as well. Pricey, at $1000, but totally worth the piece of mind.

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
Tip for others, make sure you are using Intercity Lines Inc. and NOT Intercity Transport! The later is some kind of broker, where they farm out your quote to the lowest bid. Avoid brokers, and go with a company that owns, operates, hires, and screens their equipment and drivers!!

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, request that the driver put your car on the top level so that fluids from another car do not drip on it. They do cover them but better safe than sorry.

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Good tips. I saw Jay Leno recommends them, and I actually got a reply back from Wayne Carini, of F40 Motorsports / Chasing Classic Cars, and he said Intercity as well. Pricey, at $1000, but totally worth the piece of mind.

That's the attitude I like to see. There's nothing wrong with paying more for top quality products or services.

nxhappy

Established Member
LOL @ $1000 being "pricey" ...people have no idea what it costs to run a trucking business

GT500WhiteVert

Established Member
LOL @ $1000 being "pricey" ...people have no idea what it costs to run a trucking business

Thanks for the "advice" :idea:, just trying to up your post count?

"Pricey" because I could easily go pick it up, and save $1000. Due to how it was bought, I can't legally drive it back, because I if I could, I would.

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
I used FedEx to ship my Shelby and it was great :)

Before then I didn't even know they shipped cars.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I used FedEx to ship my Shelby and it was great :)

Before then I didn't even know they shipped cars.

???? I fly for FedEx and get a shipping discount. I called them to inquire about shipping one of my purchases and was told they (we) don't ship cars!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Well crap! I'll have to look into it a little better next time.

nxhappy

Established Member
Thanks for the "advice" :idea:, just trying to up your post count?

"Pricey" because I could easily go pick it up, and save $1000. Due to how it was bought, I can't legally drive it back, because I if I could, I would.

No sir, just letting you know that $1000 is cheap for 700 miles. The cost in gas alone would be $600.

Users who are viewing this thread