I need a new daily, opinions?

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
This spring I am looking into getting a new daily driver, I currently have an 03 Cobra which I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell and a hoopty of a 95 bonneville with no A/C.
I would like to sell both and get one vehicle that is reliable.
A few of the things I'm looking for:
1. Reliability, as I've said.
2. Descent MPG (>18ish average mpg?)
3. Affordability- No more than maybe $15,000 (more on this in a minute)
4. Not too tough on the eyes, I'd still like to not be ashamed to take a girl out in it.
5. I am really looking for 4 doors or something with a roomy rear seat if it is 2 doors/extended cab.
6. Nothing too extremely nice/luxury, I'm in construction and don't want to tear it up.
7. Preferably a Ford because thats what I've mostly had and my family loves them and helps me work on them.

Some of the vehicles I've glanced at are:
Ford Ranger extended cab mid 90's- current

Ford F150/250/350 extended cab, preferably crew cab 98-current

Ford Escape any year

Not much else from Ford has caught my eye.

I have some cash I could throw at a cheaper car and not have to have a loan out on it, so I was leaning towards just picking up a little ranger but I was maybe wanting to get something a little nicer. The ranger is reliable and all, my family has had tons of them but I don't know about trying to get laid and a girl hopping in my 96 ranger single cab haha.

My Cobra selling will get rid of that loan payment so I don't know if I will want to get into another loan.

I just want to get something descent somewhat nice reliable and doesn't get 12 mpgs. Gas isn't getting any cheaper, neither is diesel.

With this crazy right to work stuff going on and the economy being rough I'm not so sure I want to spend a bunch of money on a vehicle, I'd love to get an early 2000's f250 and it run forever but I'd hate to get laid off again (was just off for 3 months, dec1-mar7th first time in 3 years) or some of this right to work stuff go through.

Feel free to chime in, I've been looking pretty hard at what is out there but the options are somewhat limited. No minivans haha :eek:

wjk

Established Member
I'm guessing you don't have a house since all your plans involve getting laid in the back of your ride. With that in mind... You should get a Pontiac Aztek. Along with being very futuristic it also has a tent for when you and the, I'm assuming, supermodel girlfriend are getting it on.

163_0206_01z+2001_Pontiac_Aztek_GT+Rear_Drivers_Side_View_Trunk_Tent_Pitched.jpg

pontiac-aztek.jpg

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
2006 and up hyundai sonata? i just picked mine up with 76K on it for 8700. stock HIDs, V6, dual exhaust, looks pretty sharp. however i dont know if it will fit in with #6 and #7, being that it is not a ford. just though id throw it out there.

Planter

Banned
03-07 Honda Accord (get the 2.4 cylinder version, they are peppy and accelerate pretty good)
32-35mpg
17 gallon tank
get the 5 speed version, they are awesome!

all the reliability in the world too. perfect for daily long highway commutes to work, and awesome for long road trips with the family. one of the best cars in it's class.

honda_accord_2006_photos_Sedan_Exterior_2006-Honda-AccordSedan-ext-1.jpg

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I'm guessing you don't have a house since all your plans involve getting laid in the back of your ride. With that in mind... You should get a Pontiac Aztek. Along with being very futuristic it also has a tent for when you and the, I'm assuming, supermodel girlfriend are getting it on.

163_0206_01z+2001_Pontiac_Aztek_GT+Rear_Drivers_Side_View_Trunk_Tent_Pitched.jpg

pontiac-aztek.jpg

I do have a house genius, but thanks.

what a maroon
solstice duh
Great idea.

I appreciate your help.

Lol, hilarious.
Yeah, this is how you get me out of a 2003 Cobra..lol
I agree, I will probably pick up another in the future.

2006 and up hyundai sonata? i just picked mine up with 76K on it for 8700. stock HIDs, V6, dual exhaust, looks pretty sharp. however i dont know if it will fit in with #6 and #7, being that it is not a ford. just though id throw it out there.

Other trades on the construction site would vandalize my car in the parking lot for not buying american.

I'm not sure if I like those or not, I have mixed feelings about them.

03-07 Honda Accord (get the 2.4 cylinder version, they are peppy and accelerate pretty good)
32-35mpg
17 gallon tank
get the 5 speed version, they are awesome!

all the reliability in the world too. perfect for daily long highway commutes to work, and awesome for long road trips with the family. one of the best cars in it's class.

honda_accord_2006_photos_Sedan_Exterior_2006-Honda-AccordSedan-ext-1.jpg

My cousin has one of these and he loves it.

5 door svt focus.
Serious?

FastNick01

Established Member
Ranger. My previous 97 base ranger had 189k trouble free miles, my current 03 FX4 L2 125k. Neither truck has given any problem. Just keep up on the maintenance. I will be a ford Truck owner for life. Pretty good on gas, 4x4 is an option, construction friendly.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
How about a Ford Fusion.

-Eric

I thought about these because they are inexpensive but I don't want it to get too dirty on a jobsite and what not. It is still a possibility though, better than the Aztek, Hurst, and Solstice that were mentioned.

Ranger. My previous 97 base ranger had 189k trouble free miles, my current 03 FX4 L2 125k. Neither truck has given any problem. Just keep up on the maintenance. I will be a ford Truck owner for life. Pretty good on gas, 4x4 is an option, construction friendly.

My other cousin has a 95 ranger with somewhere in the high 200k range, possibly approaching 300k, the odometer broke. Good trucks for sure, my bro and dad also have rangers.. definitely an option that I have been keeping an eye out for.
I keep maintenance up on everything I own, even the lawnmower haha.
Your 03 F-150 does good on gas? I heard they get mid teens (MPG) on average at best... I guess that isn't too bad.. I do like the 04 and up body style.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
get a 1000$ civic and not give a crap if it gets beat up? If you dont get laid b/c you drive a crappy car then you have other issues.

DarkMach1

Established Member
08 4dr cobalt ss/tc, 250whp, turbocharged, 30-32mpg and around 15k, let alone the fact that this car loves to be modded, a 500 dollar tune and you're at 300whp and it comes with launch control and no-lift shift.

Users who are viewing this thread