I need help. A Z28 is threatening me!!

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
AJ take your car to Cincy Speed, Precision or Dayton 5.0 and get it tuned. With that power you should be in the 11's EASILY. This is Stew btw! I'm overdue for that ride holmes.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Maybe times have changed, I know back in 03 pretty much stock Ls1's on spray where spraying at least a 100shot. I just remember back then if you wanted to spray a larger shot you needed a bigger fuel pump and a tune to be on the safe side.
But then again that was 6 years ago and times have changed.

Could be...my 01 has 28lb injectors and a decent pump from the factory.. :shrug:

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
AJ take your car to Cincy Speed, Precision or Dayton 5.0 and get it tuned. With that power you should be in the 11's EASILY. This is Stew btw! I'm overdue for that ride holmes.

Jeff at precision tuned it yesterday :rockon: 444hp and 470 ft lb. when u wanna meet up? im free just about anytime. what u got goin on saturday afternoon?

sc98cbra

Established Member
He could just be trying to scare ya. It might come down to the driver mod. His first run makes it look like he cant drive.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Jeff at precision tuned it yesterday :rockon: 444hp and 470 ft lb. when u wanna meet up? im free just about anytime. what u got goin on saturday afternoon?

Hell yeah I'm down. It's going to be nice as hell. We can head out to Middletown or something if you're down.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
whatd you dyno before he tweaked anything?

i picked up 13 hp and 13 ft lb. it was lean down low, and rich up top. ill post results when i get them in email. keep in mind it had the tune in it from sct. so i picked up 13 on top of the sct tune, not over stock.

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Hell yeah I'm down. It's going to be nice as hell. We can head out to Middletown or something if you're down.

local bike shop is having a bikini car wash for charity....thats where ull find me in the afternoon. EPC, u heard of it? its on woodman and air way. itll be nice out, bring ur shades :coolman: and enjoy the view. strippers and playboy models :rockon:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
He might have let up way before the traps, thats the only way i see him running 12's at only 98mph.. I wouldnt race him for money if u were smart... Especially if he might spray a 150 shot? Oh god

Silver03Termi

Established Member
He might have let up way before the traps, thats the only way i see him running 12's at only 98mph.. I wouldnt race him for money if u were smart... Especially if he might spray a 150 shot? Oh god

this run was a freak of nature run honestly. it hasnt ran that good since then. 13.6 was his dial in last week and he ran that within +-.02 all day long. id own him.

lemons12

Established Member
Maybe times have changed, I know back in 03 pretty much stock Ls1's on spray where spraying at least a 100shot. I just remember back then if you wanted to spray a larger shot you needed a bigger fuel pump and a tune to be on the safe side.
But then again that was 6 years ago and times have changed.

yea.. you can do a 200 on a bone stock ls1 with just a tune..

you dont need a fuel pump until you start spraying with a cam and what not.. and even then you would be safe with a 100 shot.. 100+ it would be smart to have a pump..

red9450

Established Member
you're going to get drug. something tells me he's playing you for a fool, and you're taking the bait.

Swaie

Established Member
hell just go run it and see. But I will tell you one thing you can run up to a 150 shot bone stock, 200 with a tune. And just from what I've read it seems like he was bracket racing...who runs their car balls out bracket racing?

red9450

Established Member
hell just go run it and see. But I will tell you one thing you can run up to a 150 shot bone stock, 200 with a tune. And just from what I've read it seems like he was bracket racing...who runs their car balls out bracket racing?

x2

lemons12

Established Member
nah... the numbers dont lie. that car wont get out of the 13's again the way it sits now. and if it does, it wont be by much.

exactly... he may be lying.. but the numbers dont... what the numbers show is if you run high 12s@98, your car is MUCH faster.. that means he let out somewhere around 3/4 track near the finish line..

thats good for a low low low 12, high 11 pass..

Never heard of sandbagging, huh? The numbers do [email protected]. very few ls cars run that slow, and the man sounds like he can drive by the bracket numbers the OP states....

maybe 1/600 ls1 cars will only trap 98... but they sure as hell arent going to run 12.9s if they do, itll be more like high high high 13s/low 14s..

red9450

Established Member
exactly... he may be lying.. but the numbers dont... what the numbers show is if you run high 12s@98, your car is MUCH faster.. that means he let out somewhere around 3/4 track near the finish line..

thats good for a low low low 12, high 11 pass..

maybe 1/600 ls1 cars will only trap 98... but they sure as hell arent going to run 12.9s if they do, itll be more like high high high 13s/low 14s..

that is my point.....he's running 12.9 at such a low mph because he's letting out of it.....

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
yea.. you can do a 200 on a bone stock ls1 with just a tune..

you dont need a fuel pump until you start spraying with a cam and what not.. and even then you would be safe with a 100 shot.. 100+ it would be smart to have a pump..

It wouldnt hurt to have a pump and hotwire kit when your spraying any shot though. I have the Racetronix pump/hotwire kit in my car, but mine is setup for a 175 shot... on top of the cam, with a stock bottom end.

Users who are viewing this thread