I need help with tires!

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
I haven't bought tires for many years, and now I am lost on what to get.

I just want a good set of street tires ,not interested in drag radials.

I had a bad experience with Falcon and Fuzion tires, both of these after a while driving on them became very noisy. I want to avoid that at all costs, its very irritating.
My budget is about 1k.

Been looking at these , anyone had experience with them?

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

vredestein-ultrac-sessanta-mounting.jpg

Last edited:

mach14604

Established Member
Are these any good? This is the second post today that I have came across today talking about these tires.

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
Street tires huh? I've always like the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 GS. Slightly over your budget but a great street tire.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Well with that type of budget you could get a set of Michelin PS2.

Continental DW is a great tire but steering response is mediocre due to its soft sidewall. The other option is the BFG G-Force Sport comp-2. Both are great and under 650 a set

esonu

Established Member
I have them on the cobra. So far I don't have any issues with it I drove back from la to sac 6 hours and no road noise. 275 for the front an 295 for rear. If you have a 10.5 rims I don't recommend 295 because they stretch a little. If you want a used set throw me an offer lol I'm trying to get 335 for the back lol.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
Street tires huh? I've always like the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 GS. Slightly over your budget but a great street tire.

Yep , those would be my choice if I had an unlimited budget.

I have them on the cobra. So far I don't have any issues with it I drove back from la to sac 6 hours and no road noise. 275 for the front an 295 for rear. If you have a 10.5 rims I don't recommend 295 because they stretch a little. If you want a used set throw me an offer lol I'm trying to get 335 for the back lol.

The wheels I have are Roush argents circa 2001 18 x 9 and 18 x 10 (rear)

The OEM tire sizes from Roush were 265 front and 295 rear. I have been debating if I should go with 275 on the front though.

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
Nitto Invos and Nitto NT555 are pretty good street tires. I ran 275 with 315 rears with NT555s for a while.

esonu

Established Member
The 295 would be fine for a 10. The 1/2 makes a difference in the size of tire you need to get. And honestly I don think 265 looks normal on a 9in wheel. Also as for traction goes. First gear it spins but 2nd gear is fine.

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
The 295 would be fine for a 10. The 1/2 makes a difference in the size of tire you need to get. And honestly I don think 265 looks normal on a 9in wheel. Also as for traction goes. First gear it spins but 2nd gear is fine.

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know.

Users who are viewing this thread