i need help!!!!

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
So just picked up a new DD 2012 nissan altima...Pearl white....the paint is horrible with fall out and dirt. So i went up to the local autozone and picked up some meguires clay bar....well it takes most of the stuff out of the paint but not all, also im having to go over the same area a hell of alot longer and with more pressure than i have on any other car ive owned....

So my question is, does anyone have any recommendations as to a solution to get the paint clean? possibly different type of clay bar or should i take it to an actual detail shop and spend the hundred or 2 dollars and let a professonal do the job correctly since the detail department at the dealership lets just say :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Als if the finding a professional is the only option, i live in volusia county if anyone can recommend a company.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Don't hire a professional, you did the right thing by coming here to this site before doing anything drastic. Most of the people here can send you in the right direction very easily. I have a few suggestions for you, and I am sure others will chime in as well. It seems to me you have interest in keeping your car(s) clean and already took the first step in getting a clay bar which is good.

First things first, clay is clay. There are different grades of abrasiveness yes, but the difference won't be night and day as you might think. I would suggest using Iron X when washing the car and then follow that with clay. That most likely will do the trick!

Iron X Soap Gel:
Iron X Soap Gel, Iron X iron remover, paint cleaner, paint decontamination

Iron X Spray 500mL
Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination

That should get you started, I am assuming you are using Meguiars Clay Kit and have one of those in my collection as well and it does a great job, if used correctly. Also, pictures of the cars paint would be helpful for future recommendations. Good luck!

oldmodman

Established Member

flamed03vert

Established Member
Iron X works great, but not available OTC. You can try a good paint cleaner wax from Meguires or Mothers from you local parts store or Walmart. I had a 2007 Altima in the same color so I know your pain.

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
Thankyou all for the advice, yes its the meguires kit....The clay works well but just is taking so much extra time... yesterday i just bit the bullet and took about 4 hours and clay the entire car, and put a coat of mothers carnuba paste wax on. i will say it looks 1000x better than before. Now just need to pick up a good detailing kit since this is just something i grabbed at local parts store. This is my first new car so i want to try and keep it as new and clean inside and out as possible, again any advice is always greatly appreciated

T0RCH3D

Established Member
No problem, congrats on the car and good luck with it! Take car of her, she will do the same for you. As for 4 hours of claying, that isn't entirely unrealistic. It takes a lot of time and money to get the best results!

Users who are viewing this thread