I need you guys help *Suspension related*

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
Alright so all i have done is added a set of 2 in rear drop shackles to my truck, which seems like they have done nothing. What i am asking from you guys is what would you do to my truck to lower it and even it out. To be honest i really dont know much about suspension and what exactly every part does. I dont want it sitting on the ground low, but i definately want it lower than it is, any help on suspesion packages or what you have done to your would be appreciatted. Here are some pics so you know what your working with.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the TVS system with 2" drop shackles. On the highway its a perfect ride and just carves into turns. But on the road its really stiff.

stubbs

Established Member
I would go with the Hotchkis TVS system, or the Eibach kit. Nate if you want help doing this stuff pm me.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
If you still go to the track and want something that works there there are a few things you can do. Go with the front JDM drag springs and cut out 1 coil. That will lower your front end about 1 inch. Then you could either go with the 02 leafs or take out your bottom 2 on your current leafs. After either one of those throw in the 2 in drop shackles. Your truck will have a perfect rake or be very close to level. This is what I have done and its not a low rider by anymeans and is still able to clear my 30inch slicks. Just gotta be a little more carefull with the long bars. I'll try and get some pics up this evening.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
So if i go with the TVS sytem will i still be able to haul anything??
Thunder Bolt your truck looks sick! I would love my truck to look like that.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Thanks Ron & Nate
Nate I haul my work stuff all the time (Commerical Wallpaper stuff, Past machine, tools, small ladders) no problems. I would say everything weighs 500-600 pounds

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Here is a couple pics with the suspension setup I listed earlier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread