I ran 1 mile yesterday, because a co worker bet me I couldn't

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
So yesterday at work, my co worker was talking smack about me smoking and some other smokers and how out of shape it makes us, blah, blah, blah...

Then he says, I bet you couldn't even run 1 mile in 10 mins.... I laughed and said, I'll bet you any amount of money I can run 1 mile today in under 10 mins.

So I went home during lunch, picked up some running shoes and different clothes, eight of us from work went to the high school and I ended up running a mile in 8 mins, 11 secs. I could of easily broke 8 mins, but I stopped short of the line and walked the last 20 feet, just for fun....

I smoke about a half a pack to a pack a day.... :beer:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Nice kill?

J/K, congrats.

But if you didn't smoke half a pack a day, you probably could've done sub 7 minutes. :poke:

Coiled03

Established Member
Here - just for you:

chocolate_chip.jpg

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Congrats on being able to run a mile, however, that puts you on a pace to run approx 12:30 mile and a half run, which is...meh. I guess if you're 40+ that's admirable, so, how old are you?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wow..how many civilians are really like this? :??::shrug::dw::nonono:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
give it time... just give it time...

Truer words have never been spoken. I take it you're on the young side of 40, probably 30 or less. Keep that habit up and by the time you're 40-45, saying the phrase "run a mile" will get you winded. Trust me. Kick that habit before it kicks you.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Here is what your lungs look like. Why would you do this to yourself? I guess there are reasons why our insurance rates increase every year because of the two words: free will

lungs.jpg

If I recall, an 8 minute mile is probably indicative of being in normal shape. I think I ran about that in 6th grade. Not bad for a smoker though.

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
The smoking will catch up to you.

I used to smoke about 3 packs a week. NASTY

Users who are viewing this thread