I removed my hood blanket and guess what? Plus new pics of car *DUW*

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
My hood is painted! :D I guess that hood blanket is gonna stay in the garage for a while.

smallPaintedHood1.JPG

smallPaintedHood2.JPG

here's some pics i took sunday in my driveway

small01.JPG

small02.JPG

small03.JPG

small04.JPG

small05.JPG

the house is my father's, the car is mine. i wont have one that big for a few more years ;)

Last edited:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
sorry to break the news to you beatngu but not all svt's have painted hoods. there have been lots of people who have taken off their hood blankets and voila! no paint.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
to have paint AND no painted over masking tape is reserved for the lucky few, it seems...

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I know this is probably a dumb question, but why take the blanket out? Is there a reason. Heat? Looks? just curious:burn:

2814v

Established Member
Originally posted by RAZRS EDGE
I know this is probably a dumb question, but why take the blanket out? Is there a reason. Heat? Looks? just curious:burn:

Too open the hood vent's, allowing more heat to escape from the engine compartment. Some remove the blanket completely other's like me have done the hood blanket mod. Both help at removing heat and look much cleaner. Do a search on hood mod there are lots of post on it.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
thanks for the post...i have already take the flaps off but i was just curious about the blanket as well.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
thanks for the post...i have already taken the flaps off but i was just curious about the blanket as well.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
unless you did the hood mod and cut holes in the blanket taking the flaps off won't do much at all with the blanket still there

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by launchnukes
My hood is painted!

:( I wish mine was. I've got factory writing and tape embedded in the thin coat under my hood.:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread