I saw this coming...

Juruense

Banned
That is true but when I think of all the people that do not pay for insurance and registration like I do I get sick about that also. It would be kinda nice to see them get owned by these cameras...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I`m not sure how to react to that!I had a vehicle hit by an uninsured driver(his fault and given a citation) and my insurance company is still fighting for my deductable.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
That's fine if that was their reasoning but they're just looking for ways to generate more revenue.

They either get it from your registration fees or the ticket, but they're gonna get it somehow. I'd rather they do give out the tickets than letting people get a free ride while people like me pay their dues every year. You gotta realize what this revenue is paying for...those roads and bridges didn't build themselves.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
They either get it from your registration fees or the ticket, but they're gonna get it somehow. I'd rather they do give out the tickets than letting people get a free ride while people like me pay their dues every year. You gotta realize what this revenue is paying for...those roads and bridges didn't build themselves.

+1

The same people bitching about pot holes in the roads, are the same ones bitching about how "Big Brother" is fining people WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW for revenues to HELP YOU. :bash:

Gotta love it.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
For the insurance part I strongly agree, NO INSURANCE don't drive the freaking thing.
And yes your car should be registered. The only reason I am not in favor of this once it is approved and working, they will try to crack down on anyone doing 35mph in a 25mph zone and stuff like that will cause a major problem and privacy laws should prevent this.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Columbia, MD where I grew up has had red light cameras since 96 or 97, and while I agree that they do help detour people from running red lights their main purpose is to generate cash for the gov.

Most of the places they are posted here are at the bottoms on hills and in large intersection that are low rick of collision. Cash cow for sure.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

+1

The same people bitching about pot holes in the roads, are the same ones bitching about how "Big Brother" is fining people WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW for revenues to HELP YOU. :bash:

Gotta love it.

With all due respect, that's why we already pay through the nose in taxes.
check this out, this is how government (especially a democrat ran government) works. They want to raise our taxes and cut jobs yet.........

$175,000 plum job for governor’s pal - BostonHerald.com

It's time we keep more of our money and stop letting government find more ways to take it from us. Enough is enough.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Although I agree agree with most points made. I see this like everything else they come up with. Just a gateway opening to something else. Sure it'll be used for this and that like they say it will be. Then 2 years later it pops up on yahoo staing how these cameras have been revamped to iclude using them for something else.. Mark my words , it'll happen.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
With all due respect, that's why we already pay through the nose in taxes.
check this out, this is how government (especially a democrat ran government) works. They want to raise our taxes and cut jobs yet.........

$175,000 plum job for governor’s pal - BostonHerald.com

It's time we keep more of our money and stop letting government find more ways to take it from us. Enough is enough.

OK, how's this - we stop taxing the people, and then make our antiquated interstates and highways all toll roads. Will that be better? Sure, it'll cost a small fortune to travel anywhere, but we won't be taxed through the nose, and maybe they can actually get around to fixing/repaving some of it. Don't laugh, it's been suggested on big and small scales.

Small scale example - one construction project in College Station TX was so underfunded it was suggested several times that TX HWY 6 become a toll road for the portion that ran through town to generate revenue so they could finish on time (1.5 years I think was the estimate.) Guess what? People flipped out because they didn't want to pay the toll, so it never happened. The project ended up taking over 4 years, and this is the road that runs through the heart of a 65,000 person town and feeds into a 50,000 student school. Traffic was a NIGHTMARE for FOUR YEARS. Those same people who refused to pay the toll sure enjoy the hell out of the brand new repaved/widened main road and the new utilities laid under the road.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Sounds like a great idea to me and as long as you don't run a red light, or loan your car out to someone who then runs a red light, you'll be fine.

U.M.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I personally don't see the big deal.

Police Officers already do this anyway, so why not automate the process to be more effective. Pay your registration and insurance and you've got no reason to be upset.

Evan5469

Established Member
Columbia, MD where I grew up has had red light cameras since 96 or 97, and while I agree that they do help detour people from running red lights their main purpose is to generate cash for the gov.

Most of the places they are posted here are at the bottoms on hills and in large intersection that are low rick of collision. Cash cow for sure.

God damn 175 in Columbia! I have never slammed on my brakes on one road so many times to avoid getting a ticket from those cameras.

Anyway, I think checking for insurance and current registration is a good thing. I'd rather have a camera find this out for me instead of waiting to get hit by them and finding out the hard way. :shrug:

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
It's more bullshit but this alone isn't a big deal to me. We already have cameras everywhere and it's against the law not to have valid registration and insurance. Personally I think insurance should be a choice just like health insurance and registration should be next to free.

goingup

Established Member
Reg should be free in this new game.
If they wnt to use cameras to then fine us then let the reg be free. if you follow the rules then you would be fine with this.

Users who are viewing this thread