I see a GT500 now

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Thousands of dollars to make the car perform worse in 95% of driving situations. His money though, not mines...
Eh, probably not a significant amount of money for the guys buying cars on that level.
Exactly. Only thing a manual can win in is the fun factor.
But is there any higher factor for 99% of them?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
They are super close to me. Cool shop. I’ve only driven one S197 (2014 GT). I’ve never driven an S550. I bet this car fun as hell to drive with either transmission. I’m poor as **** so I can confidently say I would own 2 GT500s, one DCT and one of this kind.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Sort of an unrelated topic, but I noticed that 99% of the 2024's in my area (Vegas) are autos. There is only one manual in the whole valley for sale the last time I browsed online (we have 4-5 Ford dealers here).

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Yer Mom’s room.
will-ferrell-meatloaf.gif

andymarkv

Established Member
No offense to those that purchased a 2020+ GT500...but I imagine only a tiny percentage of owners can extract 100% of what it is capable of.
So if you lower its ability with manual swap...what difference does it make.

But I also get the guys that like tech...probably see this as the equivalent of throwing away an iphone 15, for a commadore 64...and that makes their heads explode. lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sort of an unrelated topic, but I noticed that 99% of the 2024's in my area (Vegas) are autos. There is only one manual in the whole valley for sale the last time I browsed online (we have 4-5 Ford dealers here).

Ford shipped wayyyyy more automatics to begin with.

Good for this guy to spend his money how he sees fit. I spent $15k to convert my sequential stick gearbox to paddles...wouldn't go back. lol

Rambro

Established Member
Isn’t the dct in the new GT500 kind of a dudd when it comes to drag racing? Just going off what Alex Flores of Lund racing says about them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's awesome! Nothing against the DCT, but pulling a paddle isn't really an engaging experience.
The DCT is good enough where you really don't need to touch the paddles most of the time, but.....gotta love hearing someone has finally done a manual swap. As we know, there are manual diehards who just cannot forego a manual.

Users who are viewing this thread