I see a pattern with turbo cobras !!!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
TWEAKED03 said:
If I had the money I would in a heartbeat. But since it cost about 20k to make a supra put down 140 plus traps and the car is easy 25 to 45 thousand and you have to pay cash because you can get that car on 60 months. Then I will use the next best thing a 03 cobra with strong stock longblock and irs outback.

I take you hate roll racing?

I don't hate it, I just don't care about it. Racing on a pro tree at the track is what does it for me. The lights never lie !!!

JC

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
I've heard of the famous Walser Supra! Some of those videos were the first videos I had ever seen of such badass supras and vettes :)

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
Good to see an intelligent conversation in here.

I'm not sure which direction I'm heading in. I was sold on the whipple and then I saw TRBO VNM's car and that got me to rethinking it all. And just when I thought I had made up my mind, hpbyhermann brings up the one concern I had and makes some very valid points.

I'm sticking around to see more about this discussion!

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Tweaked, im sure you're aware w/out a built motor, you're not going to be able to run pump gas safely above 800rwhp (at least on our cars)...hell I dont even like the idea of doing above 750rwhp on my built motor on 93octane. You have to tell yourself what kind of car do you want. You can easily mid-high 130's with 750rwhp, which would make you average in your town, but on the weekends run some C16 and 1000+rwhp...mine's not a daily driver, but if im heading to an out of town meet, 93 is all I can run, so I have to settle...if they really want to see what the car can do, give me some race gas and i'll turn the boost up.

TRBO VNM

809 said:
Good to see an intelligent conversation in here.

I'm not sure which direction I'm heading in. I was sold on the whipple and then I saw TRBO VNM's car and that got me to rethinking it all. And just when I thought I had made up my mind, hpbyhermann brings up the one concern I had and makes some very valid points.

I'm sticking around to see more about this discussion!

Are you planning on staying manual? going auto? The only problem with Hermann's turbo setup is that the auto was not properly setup. Jon Lund has an auto with his hellion setup and he tranny and converter are properly setup for it. Hermann's auto may have been setup properly, I don't know, but I do know it was different than Jon's. with the way Jon has his setup, he doesn't experience what Hermann did. He said he would never go back to twin screw and his is setup to be a DD if he wanted. He is so happy with it, turbo's are going on the rest of his vehicles and wife's. I totally understand where Hermann is coming from. He doesn't have a lot of time to just keep changing things with his setup with a business in florida and maryland. and instead of trying a different setup with the turbo, his car is already setup for a twin scew, so why not just go back to that. totally makes sense, but his analysis and explanation will cause readers to change their mind when they think they were going one way and then go another. either way, what he preaches and most of us that have had different combo's is true, you need to determine what your goals are with the car and what you would be happy with. But you really need to think about each combo carefully and weigh the pro's and con's.

I unfortunately just went into the wall at ATCO for NMRA. So it is going to be a long time before I am back up and running. I just had the suspension and tire setup that I needed and worked on my partial run there, but now I am stuck and unable to do anymore testing right now. I have plenty of knowledge with the setup and manual now to run some damn good times and possible 9's, but it will be a while before I can do it.

and I also agree with torrey, why take a risk and try pushing all this power on pump gas. too much money is invested to risk it. sometimes people need to be realistic about things.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
keep the info coming! I need to decided by the end of this week what i want to do. my buddy has a twin kit for 6500 still in the box that i will probably buy. keep talking though

TRBO VNM

C H I N I said:
keep the info coming! I need to decided by the end of this week what i want to do. my buddy has a twin kit for 6500 still in the box that i will probably buy. keep talking though

bottom line, what do you want from the cobra? what do you want to do with it? thought you sold it actually? what are your plans with it, goals?

what kit is it?

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
bottom line, what do you want from the cobra? what do you want to do with it? thought you sold it actually? what are your plans with it, goals?

what kit is it?

Last edited:

btecdude

Established Member
the race between the cobra and the integera was me. i have twin 67s and they spool pretty fast. watch the video and you can see how fast i jump out on him. the integera makes 450 fwhp and i made 530 on a mustang dyno on 11 lbs with no timing because my cluth started to slip on the dyno. this kind of power would never be capable with a blower on the same boost.
new #s and track times coming soon.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
0mineralgrey3 said:
Yeah...i ran it out there. That is when i blew the sensor out. I'm making some arrangements to get to see mike murillo and have him retune my car. So yep that was me.
why wont you return my pms? I have sent you 3 and i see that your online, but wont answer me.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
xtremejc said:
I don't hate it, I just don't care about it. Racing on a pro tree at the track is what does it for me. The lights never lie !!!

JC
well obviously your a hater...of what im not sure weither it is supras or turbo cars or just everyone and everything. But you need to wake up!
Roll racing...i have no problem with it, IMO it makes it a CARS race not a drivers race. Takeing out trying to time a light/spinning through gears/ect....then it comes down to pure HP vs HP. Thats a race IMO

If you want it to be a drivers race then take it to the track.

And IDK why people think you cant race turbo cars/supras from a dig? If you can drive good then you can launch one just as good as a cobra. And just an fyi if the car is singled and has a 61 or larger....by then end of second gear you should be toast!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
well obviously your a hater...of what im not sure weither it is supras or turbo cars or just everyone and everything. But you need to wake up!
Roll racing...i have no problem with it, IMO it makes it a CARS race not a drivers race. Takeing out trying to time a light/spinning through gears/ect....then it comes down to pure HP vs HP. Thats a race IMO

If you want it to be a drivers race then take it to the track.

And IDK why people think you cant race turbo cars/supras from a dig? If you can drive good then you can launch one just as good as a cobra. And just an fyi if the car is singled and has a 61 or larger....by then end of second gear you should be toast!

Thanks for the lesson junior !!! You sure sound like you know what you're talking about... :D There is no reason for me to wake up, I have been awake for quite sometime getting my cars to run right...

If you can't drive your car to it's potential then you shouldn't be adding more power to it just to have to race from a roll... That in my opinion is pretty gay so call me a hater if you like. Learn the car and maximize your suspension setup so the car hooks and takes off like it should then add more power if you choose to...

I can drive my cars from a roll, a dig, at the track, you name the place... I am no saint, I have done my share of street racing but if I am going to race on the street we are going to race from a dig and up to a speed which is reflective of what a quarter mile pass should be. There is no reason to reward a sucky driver by racing from a roll, so learn how to drive your car if you are so afraid to race from a stop. I try to do all my racing at the track where I can do it in a controlled environment and the end result will be known without arguing who won a race...

FYI... I have a twin turbo 97 Cobra and a Whipple/N2O Powered 03 Cobra so there is no hating either supras, turbo cars in general, or any other cars for that matter...

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
and I also agree with torrey, why take a risk and try pushing all this power on pump gas. too much money is invested to risk it. sometimes people need to be realistic about things.

I agree with this 1000% LOL So many people triyng to push these cars with crazy HP on pump gas....

Great topic by the way...

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
xtremejc said:
Thanks for the lesson junior !!! You sure sound like you know what you're talking about... :D There is no reason for me to wake up, I have been awake for quite sometime getting my cars to run right...

If you can't drive your car to it's potential then you shouldn't be adding more power to it just to have to race from a roll... That in my opinion is pretty gay so call me a hater if you like. Learn the car and maximize your suspension setup so the car hooks and takes off like it should then add more power if you choose to...

I can drive my cars from a roll, a dig, at the track, you name the place... I am no saint, I have done my share of street racing but if I am going to race on the street we are going to race from a dig and up to a speed which is reflective of what a quarter mile pass should be. There is no reason to reward a sucky driver by racing from a roll, so learn how to drive your car if you are so afraid to race from a stop. I try to do all my racing at the track where I can do it in a controlled environment and the end result will be known without arguing who won a race...

FYI... I have a twin turbo 97 Cobra and a Whipple/N2O Powered 03 Cobra so there is no hating either supras, turbo cars in general, or any other cars for that matter...
again i ask you, are you trying to see who is the better driver or the faster car? If you want to find out who is the better drive then YES the track is the best place for that. If your going for pure faster car roll racing is going to be your best bet. So what exactly are you looking for? I have seen a car with 100hp more lose to a car only because he was able to launch on DR's and he had cut a GREAT light? IMO that race ment the guy with 100hp less was a better driver no doubt! But in the end we all know the other car is the faster car? :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread