I sold her...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice. Are we going all out on this one? H/C/I and a 9L stroker.

Pick your poison.

Maybe... Not sure yet. Trying to stay in TT1 if I can. If it already kicks me to TTU, then yes, I will go all out.

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol learn to drive it first, it'll take a looong time before you could utilize any power bump in that car

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol learn to drive it first, it'll take a looong time before you could utilize any power bump in that car

We'll see how it goes. It'll brake/corner better than my ACR. Hoping I don't miss the top end speed.

blk02edge

Established Member
We'll see how it goes. It'll brake/corner better than my ACR. Hoping I don't miss the top end speed.
Have you previously driven a full race car with sequential and slicks yet? It's going to be a world of different, adding power won't really make you faster, just add to the expensive wearables. It'll take a lot of laps and coaching to get near that cars limit as is. If it was a street car it would make sense to add some power

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you previously driven a full race car with sequential and slicks yet? It's going to be a world of different, adding power won't really make you faster, just add to the expensive wearables. It'll take a lot of laps and coaching to get near that cars limit as is. If it was a street car it would make sense to add some power

I've driven several Boss 302S'. I get it, BUT having a car fast on the straights makes up where I lack in ability haha Definitely an easy crutch to fall on.

For instance, this weekend, I was running against a new ZR1, he would put buses on me going down the front straight, and then over the next 1.9 miles I would catch him..only to be left again in the dust haha

I've been running Michelin slicks on my car.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
I've driven several Boss 302S'. I get it, BUT having a car fast on the straights makes up where I lack in ability haha Definitely an easy crutch to fall on.

For instance, this weekend, I was running against a new ZR1, he would put buses on me going down the front straight, and then over the next 1.9 miles I would catch him..only to be left again in the dust haha
Oh I understand that.. spending over a year in a spec Miata getting freight trained down the straights only to catch up by the end of the next corner. I personally chose to learn the actual skill intended on a dedicated track car. I see zero point in adding horsepower to overcome the personal shortfalls in a vehicle with no vin # :)

JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread