I think I finally did it.

Solopony

Established Member
I've been smoking since I was 18(turned 24 in July.) Almost everyone I know has been hounding me to quit but up until this point I never really wanted to. Last year I quit for like a month then started seeing a girl who smoked for a little while and started back. All the other times I feel like I was pressured into it. This time I just finally made the decision that I didn't want to smell, waste money and slowly pay to kill myself. It's been a week and I truthfully haven't even been tempted or missed them that bad. Anyone else who quit know what I am talking about?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Cold turkey was how my dad did it. He smoked three packs a day of camel no-filters, from when he was 11 till he was 45. When president Carter de-regulated tobacco, and cigarettes hit sixty-five cents a pack, he quit. My mom still smokes, but dad has never had another cigarette since.

Jim Snover

NXSVTCOBRA

I stopped smoking when I was in Iraq my second time, ran out of cigs, no one would send me any (they wanted me to quit) and couldn't bare to smoke the Hajii shit. What better way to quit than to not have any.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Congrats. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Do you have certain triggers? If I'm drinking coffee or any alcoholic beverage there will be cigs smoked. Other wise I don't smoke that often. I just drink a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
congrats, i'm on the other spectrum. I just started, lol.

Shifty.gif

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Then there is no better time to quit. Add up what you will spend for one year, and consider what else you could have done with the money. Multiply that times ten years, and figure what that would have made if you just invested it in T-bills and let it sit, or built up the car of your dreams. Either way, you end with more of something and better lungs.

Jim Snover

mustangkid05

Established Member
i just got my wisdom teeth pulled so i can't smoke but i do think about it alot lol

Solopony

Established Member
Congrats. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Do you have certain triggers? If I'm drinking coffee or any alcoholic beverage there will be cigs smoked. Other wise I don't smoke that often. I just drink a lot.

I drank a few beers watching football tonight and really didn't even think about. It's funny im not even a week into it but call smell smoke on smokers and man i used to smell like that all the time it's crazy. I think driving is actually the biggest trigger for me but i have a package of suckers in the car so it's all good.

ka3ak

Breast Connoisseur
Established Member
congrats man! i'll type more after i have a nice mal red to relax me.... brb

77triumph408

Established Member
As said already, cold turkey ftw.

I woke up one morning after smoking for 4 years and didnt feel like having one :shrug:. Been smoke free for 2 years now.

I tried to quit before that too, this time just felt "different".

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member

dont be a dumbass, quit while you still can

to the OP, ive smoked for about 3 years and the longest ive been able to go without a cigarette was 7 days. Sucks. Recently I didnt buy any packs for about 2 months until I started hanging out with some hot chick that smoked and then I started buying again. Me and my friends are going to try and quit on 1/1/09 so we'll see how that goes.

i am so addicted that on my lunch break today im going to drive 15 minutes home to grab my pack because i forgot it today:bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread