I think my frame is bent-->

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
more like you noticed it when you got it back. there is no way to stretch the unibody without pulling something apart - look for broken spotwelds or cracked sealer where the front stub passes the cowl under the passenger compartment. look at the spotwelds and seam sealer in the hinge pillar. the front springs dont even ENCOUNTER the front subframe - they're on the K-member, folks....if they jacked it on the rocker pinchweld, that simply crushes the pinchweld. it doesnt make the nose of your car fall off. the pictures show perfectlly acceptable gaps. you should see the bottom rear of some people's doors, if you want poor fit.

even a convertible with the top down can support its own nose on the lift [just dont open the doors]

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by jwfisher
You're stretching here, "KillerCobra". You have no basis for a case...

LOL, what case? Where did you read I was looking for something other then asking if it can be fixed?

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
KC, I think the confusion is that in your other thread about Steeda you mentioned sending them an email about this. I am sure many read that as I did - that you were blaming them for this issue as well.

If I were in your shoes I would take it to the dealer for a warranty issue and see what they have to say about it.

Jim

Established Member
Why would it suprise anyone if Steeda messed up and won't fess up? This is how they operate now. :shrug:

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I feel for you KC. I would be extremely pissed. Take your problems and experiences to the higher powers at Steeda. Hopefully they can do something for you.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
NO matter what year mustang I have put up on the lift I always am there when they lift it you have kids that dont know .

The lift i hate them most is the one that uses the center of the car. Just below the doors (rocker panel lift ) i WILL not let them use this ist just al long pad that lifts you have no idea what it pushes against i have seen it bend over rocker panel lips and pop the plastic off. Allot of tire shops use this one it quick and fast becaus it alows the wheels to hang. And there is no reaching under the car to set the arms that lift I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND FOR ANY CAR! I SEEN TO MUCH DAMAGE. guys just pop on trim if it pop off cause of it say the trim was loose. 99% of the people never look under there car for damage.

Even the arm lifts im careful so the arm tabs that go to the car dont dent the frame. I have seen many stupid stuff even a kid jacking against the lower thin metal arm on a Tarus i told him u cant jack against that just said oh

Best you know what is going on with your car so you can stop any problems first

IMO

~B7~

Established Member
I have personally seen a number of new 03's on the lot with the uneven wiper cowl problem. I've even pointed it out to the salemen. The A-pillar rubbing the fender or whatever, that's a different story.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by Mackie
Although the torsional rigidity of the vert. mustang's is pretty bad (under 3000 ft.lbs per deg) - you would probably notice some obvious driveability (alignment) problems if the body structure was twisted to the point of causing panel mis-alignment. It looks to me like the RH fender is pushed inboard at the upper rear corner - it touches the mirror base, it's not parallel to the A-Pillar molding and it's not parallel (flush) to the door. The body will flex under load - especially if jacked up improperly - but it would have to be pretty severe for the structure to actually take a 'set'.

Mackie, if you have a figure for this deflection measurement on a 03 Cobra coupe, I'd love to know about it. I'm always looking for good technical information on my car. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread