i want to supercharge please help

CKERR134

stangfan
Established Member
:beer: i want to supercharge my 5.0 what else do i need to do to keep my engine reliable without working on it every weekend, here is what im thinking

holley sytemaxx II kit which is heads, upper & lower intake i think a cam is in there too if not i will add a cam.

full MSD kit

new fuel sytem but not sure on injector sizes

then a powerdyne supercharger will my bottom end hold this setup what do you guys think? what did i miss? :beer:

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Well, this is prolly the wrong forum, so you may want to get it moved to the blower bistro, but Id say skip the heads and intake and forge the bottom end instead. This will keep it a lot safer, but the tune is the most important part.

Coiled03

Established Member
Your bottom end would probably hold up longer than the POS Powerdyne would.

Screw the Powerdyne and get a Vortech, or a Procharger. Then you can worry about your bottom end.

As far as what you missed, it depends on when you want to replace things, and how extreme you'll be going. If you're going 550+ hp, you better be looking at changing the block now, or you're gonna wind up doing it later at an inconvenient time. You should also be considering your drivetrain components like tranny, driveshaft, rear diff, etc... Again, if you get to a high enough level, you WILL start breaking things that are stock.

Other than that, talk to the guys in the supercharger forum. You'll get a lot more help in that forum than here.

Users who are viewing this thread