I wanted to take a minute to clear something up...

Almo

Established Member
Whoever gets in one of these bad boys is going to have lots of fun with it. :banana:

That said, some of you say that I am negative... I feel only the weight has been my issue and didn't mean to come off like a jackass while commenting and or stating what I have about it in the past.

Also, the thread I posted about comparing the GT500 to the M5 and even the boat was for fun and was my lame humor on the boards. I meant to place it in the Smack Down Thread but when I realized I had put it in the wrong forum, I should have said something but didn't. Yes, I understand some of you could have seen me as being an ass, that wasn't my intent at all.

Not to mention, I think the biggest deal are these cars not being on the road yet so the criticism is not wanted right now.

On the other hand, I have compared the GT500 to the Terminator, C6, and Z06 and personally, enjoying doing so... if I came off too negative then I apologize. I was only stating information off the numbers that have been reported.

All said and done though, I am still sticking to my guns with what I have stated (off the numbers reported) with the GT500 and other cars. But keep in mind, this doesn't mean I don't like the GT500, quite a few things I like about this car not to mention it's potential near term when some aftermarket parts finds their way into production. Headers w/full exhaust, upgrade splines/diff, an aftermarket blower or snout allowing it to run 18-20 lbs. of boost, lighten it up a bit and slap a slick on it and these cars will have potential to make it in the 9's like the terminators have with the 10's.

Again, apologize if I came off wrong to some of you guys by stating what I did. Guess that's just my personality when it comes to critiquing things in comparison to other make and models.

Cheers,
Allen

Tank5879

Established Member
Dude,
don't worry about it. There has been so much fighting about the new shelby you wouldn't think we are all blue oval fans. Seriously, I can't believe how rediculous the arguing has become. People feel personally attacked, and thats not cool. In the end it is just a car. some like it, some dont. somehow we are all judged based our cars. Its the GT500 team vs. Termianators. each "team" takes everything as a personal attack, and it certainly seems, (here we go) that "team gt500" attacks by saying (and more often directed at owners, not the car!!) terminators are jealous, and are upset that they are no longer the top dog and feel it is impossible to dislike the gt500. team terminator attacks with terms like ugly, heavy, expensive (more directed at the car, not the owner). I AM NOT TRYING TO START TROUBLE. I m putting this observation out there. I say lets all get along and stop arguing. the cars are each what they are. Why dont we all unite against vettes, dodges, and imports???

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
waht i am having a hard time understanding is why 03/04 mustang svt owners are complaining about the weight? is thier car not over weight as well? then the strangest of all, are those who complain about the added pounds but will not get anything less than the vert with the mach 1000 sound system.

i guess when they personally add weight to thier car its no big deal, but when ford does it the world has ended? :shrug: :rockon:

mrGT

Established Member
The only weight I'm worried about being added to the Shelby, is MINE! I need to worry about trimming my weight before I worry about trimming the Shelby's! That's all....carry on.

on EDIT: Almo, that's a might standup post you made there. Kudos to you, sir.....now, carry on!

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Tank5879 said:
Why dont we all unite against vettes, dodges, and imports???
because I like all cars. I don't see a brand, I see looks, performance, cost, what it gives you for the $.

I think evo's are great cars, they handle very well, are somewhat fast and even look sharp; I like the older STi's, the new ones are just goofy looking; C6's are awesome cars, the seats suck balls, but the rest of the car is great; the Z06 is a BEAST, not many cars can match it's performance even when they're modded and it's got a factory warranty to boot; Porsche's are awesome, from their base model to the CGT, they have a very solid lineup. I guess you get my point.

Ryan02Stang

Established Member
No hard feelings Almo! We all know the GT500 has its flaws, but most of us believe the positives far outweigh the negatives. I think a lot of us, including myself, just got sick of seeing every thread flooded with blows at the GT500. I'm all for constructive criticism, but reading every other post that the GT500 is a pig gets ridiculous. Lets all have some good convos here about the GT500, and some good debates on what we'd like to see better about the GT500. I think its going to get VERY exciting around here when the prices come down and many of us start getting GT500's for ourselves!

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
waht i am having a hard time understanding is why 03/04 mustang svt owners are complaining about the weight? is thier car not over weight as well? then the strangest of all, are those who complain about the added pounds but will not get anything less than the vert with the mach 1000 sound system.

i guess when they personally add weight to thier car its no big deal, but when ford does it the world has ended? :shrug: :rockon:

Since you brought it up, I'll tell you. My Terminator is a couple hundred pounds heavier than my '99 Cobra was and I can feel it. The Terminator's weight is a negative (3,650 lbs.). However, the Shelby weighs about 300 more pounds than the Terminator. That's why I'm disappointed with the Shelby.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Hey Almo, I was just messing back at you. Hey I really thought it was all in fun. You gotta understand I am a lonely Ford owner with a bunch of Chevy friends. I've learned to take a ribbing with joy and pride.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
99 KOBRA said:
Since you brought it up, I'll tell you. My Terminator is a couple hundred pounds heavier than my '99 Cobra was and I can feel it. The Terminator's weight is a negative (3,650 lbs.). However, the Shelby weighs about 300 more pounds than the Terminator. That's why I'm disappointed with the Shelby.

at least you do not act like the 03/04 was "the gift" and the new gt500 sucks. i admit, the 03 was overweight and the 07 is overweight as well. from what i have read, the gt500 is 3890, so its only 240lbs more than the last top mustang. :beer:

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
ON D BIT said:

well i dunno if im qualified to answer that question since i dont own a terminator, but i will anyways lol.

i have loved the terminator for a long time now and i would own one if i could afford it. but there are some things that i thought the 03-04s could improve on (as with any car) and my biggest problem was the weight of them, at almost 3700 lbs it is a pretty heavy car and i was hoping that ford would try to correct that issue. when they not only werent able to improve, but actually made it worse it kinda turned me off of the car.

im not a GT500 hater but i wish ford had gone in a different direction with the new SVT model, but with that said i still think its a good car overall and cant wait to see them on the road. :thumbsup:

Wild Bill

Established Member
Almo said:
Whoever gets in one of these bad boys is going to have lots of fun with it. :banana:

That said, some of you say that I am negative... I feel only the weight has been my issue and didn't mean to come off like a jackass while commenting and or stating what I have about it in the past.

Also, the thread I posted about comparing the GT500 to the M5 and even the boat was for fun and was my lame humor on the boards. I meant to place it in the Smack Down Thread but when I realized I had put it in the wrong forum, I should have said something but didn't. Yes, I understand some of you could have seen me as being an ass, that wasn't my intent at all.

Not to mention, I think the biggest deal are these cars not being on the road yet so the criticism is not wanted right now.

On the other hand, I have compared the GT500 to the Terminator, C6, and Z06 and personally, enjoying doing so... if I came off too negative then I apologize. I was only stating information off the numbers that have been reported.

All said and done though, I am still sticking to my guns with what I have stated (off the numbers reported) with the GT500 and other cars. But keep in mind, this doesn't mean I don't like the GT500, quite a few things I like about this car not to mention it's potential near term when some aftermarket parts finds their way into production. Headers w/full exhaust, upgrade splines/diff, an aftermarket blower or snout allowing it to run 18-20 lbs. of boost, lighten it up a bit and slap a slick on it and these cars will have potential to make it in the 9's like the terminators have with the 10's.

Again, apologize if I came off wrong to some of you guys by stating what I did. Guess that's just my personality when it comes to critiquing things in comparison to other make and models.

Cheers,
Allen
I dont really see what the problem is.You stated your opinions like everyone else does.I have stated my opinions both good and bad about the car.This is a forum after all.It would be no fun if we all agreed with each other on every issue.I really hope everyone relaxes on this I mean its pretty sad if you cant say anything negative about the car.On other threads a SRT4 owner is bagging on cobras and even posted personal pics of another members family and made fun of them.How can that be allowed yet you cant mention a couple things you dont like happening with the new Shelby???Oh well anyways I think I disagreed with a couple of your comments on a different thread if I remember correctly.Anyways who cares?Thats what forums are supposed to be about.I do think its a heavy bastard...but I do think low to mid 12s will be possible stock. :beer:

Wild Bill

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
at least you do not act like the 03/04 was "the gift" and the new gt500 sucks. i admit, the 03 was overweight and the 07 is overweight as well. from what i have read, the gt500 is 3890, so its only 240lbs more than the last top mustang. :beer:
The thing is its 240lbs heavier with no spare,jack,and a solid rear.I've read many posts(no actuall data) that the solid rear is around 100lbs lighter than the irs in the terminator.If this is true then a 03 with solid rear and no spare would be almost 380lbs lighter.Thats a pretty big deal.On the other hand I've been walked by a modded CL65 that is heavier than the shelby so at least its got the potential for crazy power to overcome that weight.Really I cant wait till they are on the roads and run one.I've got many friends with terminators and probably will have many with shelbys,then eventually my own.Its going to be fun getting a whole new group into this mod madness that really took off with the 03s. :rockon:

Wild Bill

Established Member
ON D BIT said:

Because 3650lbs was already pushing it.It didnt matter so much till the new Z06 came out.Try having almost 500rwp and getting 2 cars put on you by 140 by a stock car.A shelby will prob need 540+rwp to hang with a ported cobra thats a match for a Z06 in the 1/4 but not from a 60 roll.Oh well Im thinking you'll get at least that much if not 600rwp with the same mods as a upper/ported cobra.I hope anyways.
;-)

stang22

Established Member
mrGT said:
The only weight I'm worried about being added to the Shelby, is MINE! I need to worry about trimming my weight before I worry about trimming the Shelby's! That's all....carry on.

on EDIT: Almo, that's a might standup post you made there. Kudos to you, sir.....now, carry on!
lol!! Now thats funny and true,...if anyone doesn't like the shelby weight,..than they should eat a carrot!! :D lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread