I was a skeptic but tasted the AED Kool-Aid....

bunk22

Established Member
...not a skeptic anymore :coolman: This isn't my first stang nor my first car I've modded. I've had a 1995 Mustang GTS with h/c/i/supercharger, an 03 Cobra with 2.8" pulley, Stieg Stage whatever blower and a C6 with FAST intake, VR, custom cam, full exhaust, tune that I used to run at the track after every mod. Over 300 passes in that car. So I believe in dyno-tuning a car, best way to get the most out of your set-up. However, I don't have that option around here. I know of a reputable dyno shop two hours away that uses Lund tunes which was my other option but I went with AED....very glad I did.

So enter my 2012 Mustang GT with a C&L Hot Air Intake, Kooks 1 3/4" headers, Kooks X-pipe with cat, Kooks axle back exhaust and a Steeda tune. As of late, I've had some idle issues though as Shaun at AED has explained, that's not necessarily a tune thing. The Steeda car ran strong but it is generic so I decided to go with someone else finally and how could one not consider AED after being on this forum?

So far, this is Shaun's first tune on my car and I'm a believer. I don't have a back to back dyno, no track runs to verify and I'm not saying I picked up a shit ton of power at top but it's what is in between that counts. Through every gear the car is more crisp, the power has a more instantaneous feel, climbs through the rpm's faster, it's smooth, not jerky just a great tune. I will have to data log so he can fine tune I think. If this is his first shot, wow, he has it down.

I'm not putting the Steeda tune down, it was a good tune but I think it needed fine tuning, so to speak. I'm sure Lund, BBR, Bama, etc would have done a great job but I went with AED. He put up with all my emails and calls concerning my SCT tuner issues yet remained friendly and returned emails always within the same day, even through the weekend. So I'm very happy and impressed with his work. Thank you Shaun and AED.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Kind of off topic, do you have any videos of your exhaust setup? Flybys stuff like that? Pretty much the same exhaust I plan on doing.

Congrats though, sure it's a good feeling.

Defiant 5.0

Established Member
I am interested in an AED tune. Everyone here seems to just sing their praises. I do have a couple of questions:

A.) About how much do these guys run? Their site is pretty good about offering prices but I didn't see anything relating to tuning.

B.) Do these guys warranty against #8 detonation? I know I'm probably going to get made fun of for this question, but I'm ok with that. I heard mention that these tunes are safe, but there really isn't a safe tune without a warranty.

Thanks for reading guys. :)

Last edited:

george.arnold

Established Member
I am interested in an AED tune. Everyone here seems to just sing their praises. I do have a couple of questions:

A.) About how much do these guys run? Their site is pretty good about offering prices but I didn't see anything relating to tuning.

B.) Do these guys warranty against #8 detonation? I know I'm probably going to get made fun of for this question, but I'm ok with that. I heard mention that these tunes are safe, but there really isn't a safe tune without a warranty.

Thanks for reading guys. :)

Tune is $250, plus $75 if you want a lope tune. For that $250 you get a performance tune and a drag tune.

As for the #8 question, I really think these tuners have got that figured out. I'm sure you can talk to Shaun about that some more.

I just got my final tunes back from Shaun yesterday. There is no doubt that he has found something special. I've had Lund tunes and BBR tunes, and his outshines both in every way I can find so far.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Kool_Aid_Meme.jpg

cmsnake

Established Member
Glad to hear about ANOTHER satisfied AED customer. What is Shaun's cost for re-tunes after another mod?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
the koolaid is deliciouos isnt it?!

but on a side not, all you had to do was Ask Gus to fine tune the Steeda and he would have.

burke985

Established Member
Surprise surprise the kool-aid tastes good ....omg another AED thread jeezus .....JK shaun is awesome

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I just got my AED tune this past weekend. It's legit. Power aside, I enjoy the driveability of it, the car feels stock unless you get on it, which is what I'm looking for. I had a tune from a shop that will remain nameless and the driveability was horrific. The car wanted to fall flat on its face between 2k and 5k RPMs. The powerband was also very odd - the car made almost no power until it got to 4k-5k RPMs or so and then it kicked you in the ass. Almost like turbo lag. The AED is much smoother and more linear with power everywhere, I love it.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Why won't people name who they got a bad tunes from? Is kind of messed up to have others waste money on that same tune. I don't think that there are horrible tunes out there but some need at least some minor tweaking with datalogs. But if I had a tune that was horrible like some people claim I would say who I got it from. Is not like I'm a vendor here or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread