Ian McCormack and The Lazarus Phenomenon

7.62x51

Established Member
i cant blame the guy. like i said before ignorance is a powerful and beautiful thing. and when i use the word ignorant i don't mean it as an insult. not many people know how the brain works. not that i am a brain expert but i read alot and i am fascinated by everything science so the brain is something that interests me.. if i had a near death experience and i see angels and strange lights and what not i am educated enough to realize what happened and not automatically say that i saw heaven and god.

Well, in that case - let's ask an actual neurosurgeon.

[youtube_browser]vZfR3n9A1oY[/youtube_browser]

There are countless of hindus, muslims, mormons, catholics, atheists who are all having visions of Jesus.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Well, in that case - let's ask an actual neurosurgeon.

[youtube_browser]vZfR3n9A1oY[/youtube_browser]

There are countless of hindus, muslims, mormons, catholics, atheists who are all having visions of Jesus.

so why would i believe this doctor and not the other ones who completely disagree with him? have you ever had a dream that seem real? it must have been real then right? no.. this guy is just trying to make sense of something that his brain produced. there are doctors and scientist who believe in god. he is just one of them. what that doctor saw was clearly hallucinations. and why would god have a butterfly to fly you to heaven? clearly silly things that the brain makes up.

and ofcourse he now has a book. clearly showing the true meaning of religion... money.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
Here's neuroscientist Sam Harris making easy work of Dr. Eben Alexander's "afterlife" experience. I do so love Harris' simple logic here. The best part is that the hallucinatory experiences of DMT users have an uncanny similarity to Alexander's vision:

This Must Be Heaven : : Sam Harris

Eben Alexander invited Sam Harris to debate and discuss his experience. Harris declined, offering a few short responses:

...there's nothing to debate...He can't reasonably claim that the relevant parts of his brain (not just the cortex) were "completely shut down." It's just not a factual statement.

...even if I granted that his brain had been shut down — it's not shut down now. And there is absolutely no way for him to establish (or even to subjectively know) that he didn't have his experience as his brain was coming back online. End of debate, as far as I'm concerned.

:lol:

Alexander basically responded with "you need to read my book" as if this somehow changes the concrete reality of Sam Harris' statements.

This Eben Alexander character deserves his own thread for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread