IAT sensor hitting hood

Blown347

Established Member
after installing my 2.8 i noticed the sensor hits my hood now and pushes it out of place. i cant rotate the intake to fix it either. what can do to fix this?

Blown347

Established Member
Pics? Why is it sticking straight up? Most intakes usually have it facing the side or down.

this is the same spot it has always been in.
96E370AB-B014-4232-AAE8-A4BCDC09B8B0_zpsoc8n3guz.gif

12888026-C9BF-40BB-A0A8-AD686445D48A_zps6uugul8g.gif

tuscani66

Established Member
I personally didn't do it to mine, but it was relocated or eliminated (doubtful). I never really thought about it till I saw yours.

IMG_0179_zpsf4a8b836.jpg

Blown347

Established Member
Why can't you rotate that pipe a little?

i can but very little and not enough to clear. il mess with it some more but what happens if it still wont clear?

EDIT: i forgot i got new motor mounts so it may sit a little higher. the oval part doesnt allow me to rotate it enough.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

You can relocate it somewhere else in the pipe or you can get MM kmember spacers and lower it all a little bit

hotcobra03

Established Member
Does it hit with just hood closed..

Engine mount or even engine centered in cradle.

Just a thought of that side coming up on acceleration

Blown347

Established Member
Does it hit with just hood closed..

Engine mount or even engine centered in cradle.

Just a thought of that side coming up on acceleration

it hits when it latches and when its completely closed is when it starts to push it out of place.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Is there a bracket stabilizing the maf? If not, you should be able to loosen one of the clamps at throttle body and push whole intake assembly down some. The intake tube should move in and out, up and down some if you loosen 2nd screw clamp at TB.

Blown347

Established Member
Is there a bracket stabilizing the maf? If not, you should be able to loosen one of the clamps at throttle body and push whole intake assembly down some. The intake tube should move in and out, up and down some if you loosen 2nd screw clamp at TB.

no bracket. im going to mess around with it some more this weekend and see what i can do.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I eliminated my factory IAT sensor and use the one integrated into my MAF slot sensor. I see you have an SCT MAF but not sure what kind. Yours might also have an IAT integrated into it. If so wire it up instead, if not just relocate your existing sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread