ice cooler with pics

matt lankford

all is sold
my ice box is almost complete. the only thing left to do is run the hose from the trunk to the resivor and IC. this should hold around 200oz of fluid just in the cooler along with 2-3 bags of ice. not to mention the 30 feet of hose running to and from the trunk. In the cooler is about 50 feet of 3/4 inch copper tubing. when its time to drain the water to add ice i have a drill pump setup to pump out the water. The cooler has a raised bottom side and rests where your spare tire normally does, with the trunk carpet you cant see a thing and since the bottom is domed shape i wont have to cut or drill anything. It is a perfect fit for the spare well and with the trim-loc on the bottom it doesnt move. All the aluminum is .90 thick marine grade stuff and the welds look awesome. more info will follow as i complete everything, the builder is interested in making more although they arent cheap.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Pretty cool lookin Matt. What cha gonna do when you have a flat tire and no spare?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
What is the total weight of the cooler, 2 to 3 bags of ice, 50 feet of copper tubing, and 30 feet of hose?

matt lankford

all is sold
mabey 20lbs more than stock. it should help with wheel hop as well, if your still having it.

i still have my z06 tire repair kit that i keep undermy seat. you can pick them up on ebay for under 100 bucks

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Matt, what does the Z06 tire repair kit have in it? Never heard of that before. Sounds pretty cool.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
What do you guesstimate HP gains to be?

I realize a cooler charge is safer all around, but you're still looking for a few ponies right?

My dad used to use a large coffee can run copper tubing from the fuel line through the floor boards in the passenger side and wind it in the can. Fill the can with ice. Cold Can.

That was in the old muscle car days of the 60's. :)

New dog, same trick. hahaha

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
www.x2cmotorsports.com also has a setup like this. Ive seen it in action, and it sure makes a difference on both the dyno and timeslip booth :D

armon2.JPG

Here' s a pic of their tank in the corner (opposite battery box).

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hahahaha, seen it all... must.. kick.. own ass to pulley..

SoCal, did I mention I got to drive Armon's (X2C) black Cobra last Thurs night? Hoooly @@%% :D :D :D

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
That's cool. I'm surprised he let anyone touch his baby. I was out there with them last week when the snow came down on us at LACR. That's one fast car when it gets some grip.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I guess I'm lucky heh. His live axle setup should be in in a week or two, can't wait to see it on slicks then..

Users who are viewing this thread