Idea....

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
I had an idea while I was driving home today with a dirty windshield. My washer fluid tank has a crack in it, so I can't clean my windshield while driving. What if I could make some kind of liner that goes on the inside of the tank? One that conforms to the inside of that tank. And allows you to still use the stock tank with no leaks.

I work at Autozone, and can't count the number of people that come in and want to buy the replacement tanks. They run $50--$150 normally.

I would sell this liner for around $15, plus shipping.

Would anyone be interested in these? I think its a great idea, just trying to see if there would be a market for them.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
they do, it is called a zip loc bag......

seriously though, if you work at an auto parts store, get some jb weld and call it a day.

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
they do, it is called a zip loc bag......

seriously though, if you work at an auto parts store, get some jb weld and call it a day.

im trying to make something that takes next to no effort. Alot of those tanks are hard as hell to get out just to jb weld them.

What im making will be as simple as "blowing up a ballon"

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i feel sorry for you for working at Autozone. Been there... done that... never again lol.

It would be a cool concept but I dont think many people would buy it. Now if you actually had a polished aluminum tank that would hold the fluid, that would be kick ass

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
im trying to make something that takes next to no effort. Alot of those tanks are hard as hell to get out just to jb weld them.

What im making will be as simple as "blowing up a ballon"

thats understandable but what about getting the fluid out of there? You have to have a hole cut out for the tube you know.

lwrs10

Chapstick!
Established Member
thats understandable but what about getting the fluid out of there? You have to have a hole cut out for the tube you know.

no hole would have to be cut.....like i said it will just be a liner..you will still use the same cap/tube that is on most of them.......i just have to figure out how to do the bottom feed ones now.....

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
What happens if this balloon tears? Test it out with a big condom. Report findings.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Dude. Why the effing f would you advertise your idea over the interweb? I guess it's a good idea to ask car guys' opinions, but there are ethics-impaired people out there with a lot more resources than you that might also find your idea good. Better hope they don't come across this thread, or you'll end up watching your idea on some infomercial next month.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Dude. Why the effing f would you advertise your idea over the interweb? I guess it's a good idea to ask car guys' opinions, but there are ethics-impaired people out there with a lot more resources than you that might also find your idea good. Better hope they don't come across this thread, or you'll end up watching your idea on some infomercial next month.

Yep, now if it's a good idea then it's already done

Users who are viewing this thread