Ideas about protecting car from a cat

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I am buying a brand new house and of course the Cobra gets to stay in the garage. However, the wife is an avid animal lover. Now I dont mind animals as long as they live outside. Seeing as this is a new house, I would like to protect my investment and keep everything peachy clean but putting the animals outside.

We have a cat thats always been an indoor cat. The wife suggested that we should keep her in the garage. Immediately I started having visions of the car walking all over my beautiful cobra, stuffing herself in the engine bay and chewing up god knows what in the car! How should I protect my car in the garage if the cat is going to be living there as well??

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
that is a tough one since it is impossible to train a cat. the only thing I can think of would be to seperate the two.... by using a car cover or keeping the cat in a different room or something.

we used to keep a cat in our garage and I finally gave up on trying to keep it off the car... it loved to sneak up on the roof or hood and sleep there. and it knew it wasn't supposed to be up there. BAD BAD CAT!

good luck ;)

nj7703

Established Member
Curiosity killed the cat? Yeah cats get ideas, they get into everything. The only thing i would say i make sure the cat his his own "area" There is NO WAY short of putting an electical charge on your car you are gonna keep a cat away. If you have an old shirt, one that you worked out in, a real funky smelling one, throw that in the cats bed, they seem to love that. I could not keep our cat off the big screen TV. I threw an old shirt in a box and now that is where he stays.

Fatty

Established Member
buddy of mine keeps his c5 vette and cat in the garage...you will see little paw prints all over the damn thing all the time. DEFINATLY make the cat disappear. If you dont then i am willing

The best way to make the cat disappear is to put it in the oven and cook it with a nice casserole. That way, you can just say it was an accident and you don't know how the cat got in there...:shrug:

GoatDaddy

our cats used to jump up on the countertops and knock things off, so we got these gadgets called Cat-Scrammers.
They have a motion sensor, and when it is tripped, it emits a high pitch noise that humans can't hear (actually, I can hear it buy my wife can't) and that keeps the cats away.
It worked for us.
I imagine that you could get one and put it on a shelf in front of the car at the level of the hood or roof, and whenever anything enters its field-of-view, it will go off.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
our cats used to jump up on the countertops and knock things off, so we got these gadgets called Cat-Scrammers.
They have a motion sensor, and when it is tripped, it emits a high pitch noise that humans can't hear (actually, I can hear it buy my wife can't) and that keeps the cats away.
It worked for us.
I imagine that you could get one and put it on a shelf in front of the car at the level of the hood or roof, and whenever anything enters its field-of-view, it will go off.

Does that come with a water-gun option? Cats+water=FUN! :-D

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by nj7703
Does that come with a water-gun option? Cats+water=FUN! :-D

No, but I'm sure one of the engineers on here could come up with something, but then he'd have water-spots on the car.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
No, but I'm sure one of the engineers on here could come up with something, but then he'd have water-spots on the car.

Ok work with me here... i was thinking attatched to motion sensors. As the cat gets to a certain point, lets say 5 feet from the hood or trunk, since this will be it's most ovious point of attack, we rain shots of cold water, OVER the car, sending the feline back to the cover of it's "safe area." Pavlov taught us any animal (or person) can be taught, given enough treats, or fear :-D This could become real "Home Improvement" like

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
I remember my buddy use to keep his car and his cat in the garage. The litter box was in the garage and everytime the car finished in the litter box he would jump on the car. When cats urine is on there paws it tends to eat the paint. His car was destroyed paint wise from this cat. Let the car stay in the house!!!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Put one of those electronic perimiters around your car, only up the voltage about 3 fold. :)

i8u

Established Member
Are you alergic to the cat?

I would let it in the house before I would confine it in a room with the cobra. Just imagine how many hours that hood of yours would keep that kitty warm when you got back after a drive.

Why won't you let it in the house?:beer: :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread