idler pulleys

VENOM 03

Established Member
what size of pulleys do i need for my 03 cobra i already have the motoblue auxillary true grip pulley, what others would you guys recomended. Thanks

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I bought 100mm Reichard Racing idlers, I just prefered how they are setup to the BilletFlow pieces. Either way, you are getting an outstanding piece of engineering.... so you cant go wrong with RR or BF. If you are looking for a pulley puller.. get the BF! It's awesome!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stronge advice! Talk to one of our authorized vendors for your idler needs and do it right the first time. Here are two who have great products and great customer service.
Billetflow
Amazon Tuning

l8nightsvt

Established Member
Im pretty new idler pullies and am thinking of installing a 2.93 billetflow upper pulley, is an idler pulley really necessary for a pulley this size? Also, is there already an idler pulley on the 04 cobra or is this an entirely new pulley? Thanks.

dougwg

Established Member
necessary, no!

Will it Help to reduce belt slip, Yes!

Yes, you have Idler pulleys.

What we do is add 1 idler pulley that should have been there stock. It's called a "Snub Idler". Because of the location, it makes the belt contact more of the S/C pulley surface, which help to reduce slip. Moreover, a Snub Idler, that is an idler located on the outside of the belt to increase the arc of contact on the smaller driven pulley.

It's like this..... example:
You add 100hp to your car and keep the same tire on it.... or would it make sense to add a wider tire for a larger contact patch?.... see what I mean?

Hope this helps

Doug
BilletFlow
:beer:

Last edited:

l8nightsvt

Established Member
Ya it really helps, thanks for the input. The reason im wondering is because i will have to be swapping pullies pretty often in order to make the car look stock, and do not want to remove the idler pulley as well as the upper pulley everytime i go to ford because i dont want to have my warranty voided for a simple oil change. Will a 2.93 pulley have a lot of slip without the idler pulley?

Users who are viewing this thread