If anyone was debating going with Diablo Tuning over Livernois for their Ecoboost's

dtd01svt

Established Member
Mid/low 13s at 100 with livernois. High 12s with a ragged edge SSI tune. been there, done that.
I agree.. Yes, Livernois knows what they are doing. I'm not bashing them or any other tuner. Just saying, if you really want to beat him, run the SSI tune. 12.51 1/4 mile. I have video to prove it.
Nice runs btw!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
So, he has an FX4 with a canned tune, and you have an FX2 with downpipes, and a custom tune....and you beat him...what am I missing? Thats pretty much exactly how it should go.

Also, what tune is he running there?
The 87 tune is tuned conservatively for 50 rwhp gains, but the 93 tune is good for a solid 90 rwhp over stock, so its a big difference that you haven't accounted for here.

Either way, good runs :)

Less posting, more work on the Genesis' diablo tuners!

I need tune noaw.

dtd01svt

Established Member
Not as big a difference as you'd think. I owned a 2011 and now a 2015. Cant really feel much of a difference. One of these days I need to run my buddy John with a 2013 tuned by Unleashed and see the difference.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
800 lbs is a hell of a difference to not feel.

Recalibrate your butt dyno lol.

from what some guys on the forums were saying it seems the 600-800 mark some mentioned was the largest. Most FX4 guys that were nearly the same were closer to 250-350 different. Still a chunk but not the huge number....

This is however totally off of what some others posted. I have no actual knowledge of this.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
They run .5 faster overall if not fast with just a tune in most cases and in a few extreme cases over a second faster with just a tune. It's a huge difference. I will have some track times in January to add weight to this.

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
OMG, sounds so bad!!! Even for a 4-cyl that just sounds horrible. How can you live with that on a truck you drive daily?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
They all sound like shit, at idle it's not any different than the diesels as it's mainly all turbo and normal driving its not bad either, WOT it's a shit sounding box.

Users who are viewing this thread