If it wasn't for "EPIC" storms seriously,

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
I'd be really bored. What is it with North easterners and every storm being the next doomsday? Stop hogging all the news action LOL. I'm predicting at least two weeks until the next "super storm" or "event" in that area. Chicken little will be watching (CNN). We should get a bet going. Smh

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I noticed that they started naming winter storms this year :rollseyes

SVTmystic290

Established Member
At least we get prepared for storms...Texas gets a 2" dusting and everything gets shut down because no one knows what a shovel looks like ;-) Example: the last Super Bowl held in Dallas

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
I noticed that they started naming winter storms this year :rollseyes

Yeah, this is only a gimmick that the Weather Channel started this season after "Sandy". The names are nothing official from the NWS.

More media sensationalism.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Glad that storm rolled right on up the coast and dumped on NE and not the Mid Atlantic. To Hell with snow. Especially 30" of it.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Its how you create a diversion to mask the gun shit theyre trying to push through.

son of a bitch obama found the blizzard app on Bush's weather machine...however I find it odd he keeps targeting and kicking the crap out of his fellow blue states

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Every area that gets a particular type of storm tends to blow things out of proportion. Sometimes the chaos is warranted but usually not. People in the northeast panic and buy bread and milk when snow is predicted just like those on the gulf buy plywood and batteries when the mere word "hurricane" is mentioned.

People shouldn't depend on the sensationalizing media but they do.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I do agree with it being a bit much to watch at times. However if storm prep or evacuation messages end up saving one person or family, then it's worth the coverage.

Hurricanes around here and snow trend to drive people bat crazy, especially new folks to the area.

nelzsvt

Established Member
It was nice to finally get a decent amount of snow in the area. But you're right, too much hype. Ratings are ratings though. My wife loves all that disaster weather shit. Watches for hours. Here's a sampling of Nemo.

IMG_06018.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
What is it with North easterners and every storm being the next doomsday?
it's not the north easterners proclaiming every storm a doomsday, it's everyone else. the NEs and us great lakians are used to this garbage come winter time(which, luckily, pretty much passed ohio up this time!), and all those warm states proclaim it a massive storm since they never even see a snow flake, let alone a few feet worth.
now, the ice storm of 2004, THAT was a ****ing storm. -17 degrees christmas day and no electricity for 10 ****ing days:fm:

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Everyones out of power for probably a day or two more. Only one gas station open and will soon run out, luckily I have generators and a 4x4 suburban. Roads are pretty much un plowed. Its a shit show but not as bad as theyre making it seem. I mean some surrounding towns have power so if you have a decent vehicle you can drive to get gas and supplies. But id love to see some southern states get nailed with this much snow and lose power, people wouldnt know what to do.

Everyone complaining about the publicity its getting blaming new england... we're not the ones blasting it on the news, we're accustom to it... its the news channels who are hyping it up...

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
It was nice to finally get a decent amount of snow in the area. But you're right, too much hype. Ratings are ratings though. My wife loves all that disaster weather shit. Watches for hours. Here's a sampling of Nemo.

IMG_06018.JPG
[/URL][/IMG]
back in the 80's we got snow like that all the time in ohio.
whats the big deal??:??:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
it's not the north easterners proclaiming every storm a doomsday, it's everyone else. the NEs and us great lakians are used to this garbage come winter time(which, luckily, pretty much passed ohio up this time!), and all those warm states proclaim it a massive storm since they never even see a snow flake, let alone a few feet worth.

this.

Users who are viewing this thread