If the GT500 is $85,000 are you in or out?

Recon

Established Member
Secrets out....the GT500 is getting a Hellcat motor mated to a 10-speed auto and weighing 3133#.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

78fdb40630ee9fedd0418c0850b1abbf.gif

Stirring the pot aren’t you? I’d laugh my ass of if the GT500 had a Hemi in it.

Pick your poison.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
This doesn't mean a hill of beans to most buyers that can AFFORD this car. Whether it comes in under $75K or not or how much the ADM is, this thing is far from the most expensive vehicle out on the road. Have any of you priced out a loaded Super Duty? A crew cab diesel 4WD is in the $70s. A loaded out dually is right at $100K. What about Mercedes? BMW? Other high-end cars? Cadillac SUVs?

There are plenty of vehicles on the road more expensive than this upcoming vehicle, even with the ADMs.

Either you are willing to pay or not, the choice is yours.

Tom

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This doesn't mean a hill of beans to most buyers that can AFFORD this car. Whether it comes in under $75K or not or how much the ADM is, this thing is far from the most expensive vehicle out on the road. Have any of you priced out a loaded Super Duty? A crew cab diesel 4WD is in the $70s. A loaded out dually is right at $100K. What about Mercedes? BMW? Other high-end cars? Cadillac SUVs?

There are plenty of vehicles on the road more expensive than this upcoming vehicle, even with the ADMs.

Either you are willing to pay or not, the choice is yours.

Tom

latest?cb=20130115174937.jpg

phaser

Yeah, really. Reminds me of posts from guys back in '06 who tapped their HELOC for the funds to cover the sucker tax on a 2007 GT500. Remember it well, hard to believe that anyone would actually borrow money for that nonsense but I'm sure there will be guys equally as anxious and weak this time around. Ford dealers in their normal grease ball fashion fed their loyal enthusiasts BS about how there would only be a couple thousand built in '07 and '08. Ford farted out nearly 11,000 '07s that saw 0% financing during the summer of 2007 with the '08s on deck. What do I know? Doesn't really matter as history never repeats itself.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You think the new GT500 will have air bag adjustable suspension for “light” trails?

Probably should.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I would hope so. Hopefully it comes with a trailer tow package as well to haul a boat or trailer park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phaser

I know that it was a number of years ago but the to be all, end all, collector car extraordinaire, GT500KR was priced close to 85K and was an abysmal failure. It took nearly $30,000 in discounts to clear the last of them. There is a glass ceiling on what the market will produce for a Mustang regardless of whose name is on it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Trackhawk Jeep doesn't tell the outside world "Im a baller!" quite like a new $100k Porsche does.
What's funny is, that it's faster than any stock Porsche suv too!
HA HAAAAAAAAA
Start modding, and I bet the Trackhawk still stomps. (No disrespect to Porsche as one of my dream cars is a 911.2 GT3.)

Sirhc7897

Established Member
What's funny is, that it's faster than any stock Porsche suv too!
HA HAAAAAAAAA
Start modding, and I bet the Trackhawk still stomps. (No disrespect to Porsche as one of my dream cars is a 911.2 GT3.)

I still think they put him in valet mode.

I ran one at the track a few months back. My HC challenger ran a 10.7@128 with a 1.7 60’ that run (on drag radials but otherwise stock) and the TH (on stock tires) hung with me on the 60’ and through the 1/8 before I eventually pulled away. I think he ran 11.7@119.

There’s nothing slow about that. Especially in a 2+ ton SUV.

Now yeah. I drug him above 100 but what do you expect.

Stoplight to stoplight on street tires a TH would embarrass me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I still think they put him in valet mode.
I ran one at the track a few months back. My HC challenger ran a 10.7@128 with a 1.7 60’ that run (on drag radials but otherwise stock) and the TH (on stock tires) hung with me on the 60’ and through the 1/8 before I eventually pulled away. I think he ran 11.7@119.
There’s nothing slow about that. Especially in a 2+ ton SUV.
Now yeah. I drug him above 100 but what do you expect.
Stoplight to stoplight on street tires a TH would embarrass me.
Yup.
I seen a forum member on the Hellcat forum ran a stock Hellcat and it was fast. I believe it was 100% stock. Plus other people are posting their performance pages on there as well and it's sick for a suv. Either way it doesn't matter, OP says it's too much noise, NVH.
I would over-look that for the power of the vehicle, depending on how it was. Being a brand new vehicle, I doubt it was really that bad. Seems like he wants more luxury than quickness or more a "balance" of the both horsepower and luxury. Not too say the Trackhawk isn't nice interior-wise, it is, it's a Grand Cherokee after all. But of course the Porsche will have a better interior, it costs more. lol

Users who are viewing this thread