If you could have one car....

blk02edge

Established Member
Now if we are talking classics before 1985 then there is only one that I want.

Sadly there has been no trace of it since it has been built and sold back in mid 1970 that being the only 1969 1/2 Dodge Daytona 440 6 pak. Yes they made one and sadly the vin has never surfaced since June of 1970.
id be happy to own any of the 440 or 426 daytonas lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new GT2 RS is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rosco3

Established Member
Either a Porsche 918 Spyder or Ferrari LaFerrari. I was always a fan of the Ferrari F50s but I think the new LaFerrari is just better.

Laferrari is probably top 3 for me. Always loved Ferrari. I saw this one when I was in The Beverly Hills dealer.
c3c2f30ff292bf0a69352829decab88d.jpg
b6356b6dc1802411040bb4f747199644.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They have so much character. I'm extremely jealous.

That's why I suppose newer cars appeal less to me. The faults they have are becoming less and less, and thus their personalities begin to fade as well. That GT500 has seen many years of living, love, loss, politics, and seasons. It's got an age and wisdom to it that even today I admire.

Old cars give me lady boners.

Id say that as time goes on, the S197 GT500s will be there. While they are EFI, supercharged and all perform the same out of the box, once they get into an owners hands, they take on a personality all their own.

Hell, my car started off like many other Race Red GT500s from 2011: SVT Pack with Perf Pack white stripes etc. That all changed when she got hit by a POS GT-R at the track that forgot how shitty their factory powertrain is for power. I went out of pocket to fix her, and shes definitely got a different personality than all the other GT500s ive seen. Maybe it just because I know what its been through, what it took to get it back to being fixed. These cars just feel raw when you really get on it, and need to be respected by the driver otherwise it'll bite them in the ass doing something stupid.

I owned a 1970 Chevelle once, early in my adult years. it was an SS396 body in primer grey with a year correct LS5 454 Big Block. Spent some cash having the engine rebuilt and, while the M21 trans needed a rebuild in a BAD way, every now and then I could get it to rip 1st-4th. Absolutely brutish, insanely quick and loud as hell. I could smell fuel and oil in the car, even though the engine was freshly built. Put a smile on my face from ear to ear.

My GT500, while a little more docile and refined, still gets violent and squirrely when I press the fun pedal. Its much more controllable though and I think it enhances the driving experience. I loved that Chevelle but Id never own another one over my GT500.

Different strokes for different folks, but i think the GT500s are there with the classics.

KevSher20

Established Member
Mine would be a truck honestly. Lifted twin turbo 6.7 dually Ford. Completely done bumper to bumper show quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Original Ford GT, or original Shelby Cobra... super rare, legendary, and a ridiculous driving experience.

... or the Batmobile.

Recon

Established Member

Sorry, should've build upon this. Phone died and I was using safari; back up phone is old and doesn't like the more modern apps.
I've never seen one in person ( my father had the privilege to see them in action at a Can Am reunion), but I've watched many many many videos and read numerous articles about this outrageous race car. Doesn't help I have a soft spot for Porsche. Some know about the Can-Am racing series. To sum it up in one sentence... Run what you brung. Very little rules of the series, none on engine restrictions. Now numbers, some is speculation others are legit facts. Car's weight 18XX LBS (without fuel), power is 1100-1800hp, 0-200 in under 11 seconds, top speed is 240+, 100 is achievable in first gear, 6 exist (one built later with spare parts). 0-60 and 0-100 times vary, depends on who you ask/article read. This is also with 1973 Technology and a 4 speed transmission; keep in mind this is a road course car not a drag racer. Several people stated the car has bad turbo lag as well, its nicknamed Turbo Panzer. Porsche said their Turbo cars didn't need the 5 speed the N/A cars had; also applies to the 911 until 89. It won all but one of the races for the 73 season. Mark Donohue made a comment about the car, "it's the only car I've driven over 200 and still be able to spin the tires." Keep in mind he also helped develop the car. Several professional racing drivers drove the car and refused to get back in the car because they were scared of it. Needless to say Mark was said to be the only person to be able to drive the car anywhere close to it's potential.
Basically, I want it because it's insane and I like the "it genuinely wants to kill you" persona the car has. I like the look as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1500431756.016865.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sorry, should've build upon this. Phone died and I was using safari; back up phone is old and doesn't like the more modern apps.
I've never seen one in person ( my father had the privilege to see them in action at a Can Am reunion), but I've watched many many many videos and read numerous articles about this outrageous race car. Doesn't help I have a soft spot for Porsche. Some know about the Can-Am racing series. To sum it up in one sentence... Run what you brung. Very little rules of the series, none on engine restrictions. Now numbers, some is speculation others are legit facts. Car's weight 18XX LBS (without fuel), power is 1100-1800hp, 0-200 in under 11 seconds, top speed is 240+, 100 is achievable in first gear, 6 exist (one built later with spare parts). 0-60 and 0-100 times vary, depends on who you ask/article read. This is also with 1973 Technology and a 4 speed transmission; keep in mind this is a road course car not a drag racer. Several people stated the car has bad turbo lag as well, its nicknamed Turbo Panzer. Porsche said their Turbo cars didn't need the 5 speed the N/A cars had; also applies to the 911 until 89. It won all but one of the races for the 73 season. Mark Donohue made a comment about the car, "it's the only car I've driven over 200 and still be able to spin the tires." Keep in mind he also helped develop the car. Several professional racing drivers drove the car and refused to get back in the car because they were scared of it. Needless to say Mark was said to be the only person to be able to drive the car anywhere close to it's potential.
Basically, I want it because it's insane and I like the "it genuinely wants to kill you" persona the car has. I like the look as well.
View attachment 95566

Have you ever watched the series "Cars that Rock with Brian Johnson"? The episode for Porsche featured the 917 and he got to drive the one built from spare parts from the first Le Mans winning one.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Pagani Huayra BC, custom specced by myself. I don't know what color(s) I would go with on the outside, but it would have exposed carbon, and the interior would have to be their beautiful tan leather.

Recon

Established Member
Have you ever watched the series "Cars that Rock with Brian Johnson"? The episode for Porsche featured the 917 and he got to drive the one built from spare parts from the first Le Mans winning one.

No sir, I don't watch much TV. But I'll certainly look it up. Thank you.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
LaFerrari is sick so is the Koenigsegg

So it this

Pagani Huayra

01-pagani-huarya-review-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread