If you could only do one mod

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Oil separator first because of importance and starting out with a fresh engine. Plus its the cheapest. Then I would move to shifter as very useful and then exhaust for the sound and 30 hp gain

However, adding some carbon fiber would be my first mod :)

14ksstang

Established Member
Shifter is the first thing I would do on these cars. I hate the crunch feeling you get with the stock shifter and it is still sloppy at best.

Mach828

Established Member
I have been running two breathers for years. I would skip the full exhaust and just swap mufflers for the sound. Then get the shifter.

Driversound

Established Member
Oil separator was my first mod as I really think it's needed and it was the cheapest option between the three. Run an oil separator for about 200 miles then see what's in there.
1) Oil Separator
2) Shifter
3) Exhaust

jdcobra

Established Member
Oil separator was my first mod as I really think it's needed and it was the cheapest option between the three. Run an oil separator for about 200 miles then see what's in there.
1) Oil Separator
2) Shifter
3) Exhaust

Definitely my process. Got the oil separator, than the mgw, now borla s type exhaust

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Exhaust for me. I don't dislike the stock shifters so much that I can't live with them. I want to hear the engine when I'm shifting, though.

Anthony K

Established Member
If I started over and could do one modification.... Although not on the op's list,

Livernois tune. Made such a huge difference in how the car drove all around

Users who are viewing this thread