If you had to drive a different car??

Which car could you trade down to from a Cobra?

• 02-04 Mustang GT

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 03-04 Mach 1

Votes: 68 46.9%
  • 03-04 Acura TSX

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 04-05 Acura RSX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 03-04 Nissan 350Z

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • 03-04 Lexus IS300

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • 03 Mitsubishi Evolution

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • 03-04 Subaru WRX

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • 05 Volvo S80

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • 02-04 Audi A4

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i got my point across in the last post......don't be such a smartass next time
all i did was offer my opinion and you pop off with some redneck comment.
offer your advice for the guy or don't say anything at all

TEABG

Banned
LTHL VNM said:
i got my point across in the last post......don't be such a smartass next time
all i did was offer my opinion and you pop off with some redneck comment.
offer your advice for the guy or don't say anything at all

Why would a gun Rack mean redneck ?

TEABG

Banned
LTHL VNM said:
i'm a big fan of the F-250 turbo diesel.....i know that's not one of your choices but those engines will last forever, they can make some power, and they are very versatile

F250 Versatile :nono: :lol: Strictly Performance HHAHAHAHAH Corn Fed ************************ YEP HEEEE KI YAAAAAAA

rmgtc01

Established Member
Cobra03 said:
Your 03 Cobra is only worth about $25,000 so I do not see that you are going to save a lot of money by buying a car worth $22,000. Why don't you just refinance it?

I have some equity in her, so that is what I am looking to bring down the $22k into the range of a 300-350 payment.
I don't know a lot about refinancing, what are the pros and cons?

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
I have some equity in her, so that is what I am looking to bring down the $22k into the range of a 300-350 payment.
I don't know a lot about refinancing, what are the pros and cons?

Try your credit union. I threw 2000 toward the balance and refinanced the rest at 5.25%

rmgtc01

Established Member
It's looking like the majority of folks would go for the Mach, although I appreciate the unbiased opinions answering with the foriegns.
I was looking up 02-04 GT's today. You can get them with very low miles from 12-18k. Some will come with mods. My method of thinking on this was if I am really serious about saving for a house, why not go all the way but still be in a stang.
With my equity I could be around 8-14k to finance. That is one low payment! I could still afford a few mods to make her driveable although I think it would be a very hard adjustment at first. But you gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Thoughts??

Last edited:

2814v

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
why don't you go drive one you smartass and maybe you'll see what i'm talking about. oh i forgot, you f*ckin california tree huggers think they kill the environment
and about the gun rack, i'm suprised you know what that is. do they even allow guns in the state of fruits and nutts?

Not all of california is like that, although the closer you get to the coast the truer that statment is. Where I live Superduties, duramax and dodge 2500 out number cars two to one.

Oh, sorry for the highjack. I voted mach.

Last edited:

cobra12003

Established Member
The day I went to buy a cobra I bought a Mach 1 ,then ended up selling that in a year ,drove a truck 2 years and then went and bought the cobra.
So I would probably go back to the Mach1

98tacoma

Banned
LTHL VNM said:
i'm a big fan of the F-250 turbo diesel.....i know that's not one of your choices but those engines will last forever, they can make some power, and they are very versatile

Cummins > Powerstroke. For some reason Ford decided to use an 8 cylinder diesel, while Dodge did it right and did a straight six...better fuel efficiency

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I'm a diehard Ford fan, and will not buy a foreign car (even one made in USA by a foreign-owned company). DCX is now a foreign-owned company so no Chrysler products for me.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I would never be able to down grade my Cobra to a GT. I have to be driving something totally different probably something like an Audi A4.

2003-SVT

Established Member
Mach, or GT with a supercharger!
I agree with not down grading. My wife has a 04 GT. When I drive it now it feels to slow.

Last edited:

Strungoutt

Established Member
Definetly like postban said.... A WRX, but ill take a sedan heh. Was the car I owned before he cobra and man do they drive good. Nothing but good things to say about the car. And I <3 throwing a little light AWD car all over the place. I almost miss the car, that is until I get into the cobra.

2k1cobra

Established Member
I wouldnt go as far as down grading to a GT. 460 RWHP to 230 RWHP would suck. I would atleast get a mach, which are really nice. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread