If you were wondering what SVTP is doing today....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was expecting a little more from the first drive impressions. I'm guessing Ford was limiting the medias access to dynos or tracks to get numbers?

From what I've heard it was a very tightly run program. Not much room to step outside the planned events. But don't worry, those stories are coming.

First car in first photo, is that Gaurd? If not what color. That's how I'd get one.

The green/grey color is Gaurd.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Just read the review. Nice photos and writing. Did it seem like there is some confirmation that the added weight has "muffled" the performance so to speak?

Furthermore, I am the only one in the opinion that the base package center stack looks cheap/plasticky? Too many buttons/tightly packed? Worse than the outgoing 13~14 model years?

Of course these are just pictures, so I will reserve my judgement when I actually get to test drive the car...

jshen

Established Member
Battery?

Uh- to ask a stupid question- where is the battery located? I find having easy access relatively important...I found out trying to change a battery in a Lexus was a friggin nightmare..

Rct851

Established Member
Between the badass 6 piston brembos, CO color avaliable, modern front end, Im starting to be converted. Biggest hold up now would be to not get burned by serious upgrades in 2016

Voltwings

Established Member
Uh- to ask a stupid question- where is the battery located? I find having easy access relatively important...I found out trying to change a battery in a Lexus was a friggin nightmare..

Very back passenger side of the engine bay, you can see where the panel can be removed to expose the top of the battery.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Great quote here:

"His impression set the stage for one of the most enjoyable mornings of Mustang driving we have shared in our years in the media. Let’s just get it out of the way, the Performance Pack GT does handle better than the 2012-2013 Boss 302. It’s true. Whether or not it is faster remains to be seen, but it wouldn't be a surprise."

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
First car in first photo, is that Gaurd? If not what color. That's how I'd get one.

I think this one is Magnetic.
2015_Mustang_Press_Drive_003.jpg

Although under certain lights conditions the colors (Magnetic & Guard) may look the same. From what I've seen, Magnetic looks very similar to Dark Shadow Gray.

Branhammer

Established Member
So seeing as how you've seen these cars in person, did you get a good look at one in magnetic? On the Ford site it looks like there's a hint of purple in it, but it might just be my monitor. And yes I believe Ford hit another home run with this car for sure.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
So seeing as how you've seen these cars in person, did you get a good look at one in magnetic? On the Ford site it looks like there's a hint of purple in it, but it might just be my monitor. And yes I believe Ford hit another home run with this car for sure.

I think it could be your monitor. Magnetic is similar to Dark Shadow Grey.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread