if you've been on the fence about a battery powered mower

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I picked those up too a couple of months ago after rolling up 100' of extension cord. They both work so well that I was kind of pissed that I waited so long.
Yep, I love the blower. It’s so easy to pull the trigger and the variable speed kicks ass. It’s also pretty quiet if I need to blow out the garage or something early. The hedge trimmers are so much lighter than my gas ones and can’t believe I can do them all easily on a single charge. I still use my gas stuff when I have a ton to do.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Unless you buy a Stihl, weed eaters are a losing proposition. They consistently die and are frustrating to deal with. In our case, we have a 1/3 of an acre. I specifically went out and bought a Honda powered push mower. Works pretty well and since we deweeded the hell out of the yard, it's much easier to mow now. But in the context of this thread, we bought a Kobalt 40v weed eater last weekend. Has two speeds, and worked flawlessly.

I'm pretty damn happy with it since I won't have to fight the 2 cycle battle every spring when I get the lawn equipment out for the first time. I don't think I'll ever jump to an electric mower.. but electric weed eaters are dope. I don't have to buy gas, I can drink beer since it's so lightweight, and it's easy to maintain.

Any of the major commercial brands in most cases will have no issue.
My current RedMax in on year 6 and I don't do anything to it over the winter.
Stihl, Redmax, Echo, Shindaiwa, etc....
Even if my yard was small enough I can't go electric. For sure not until they prove longevity. I cut way too much grass for that though.

nxhappy

Established Member
goddamn tree hugging pussies. seriously, this pile won't cut the nut hair off of my balls.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I bought the same one only I got it from a discount tool store and it cost me just a touch over 200 dollars. the rest of my tools are Ryobi that share the same 18v batteries. I have enough chargers now that I don't have to worry about running out of power

https://amzn.to/2K7hWoH

View attachment 1482519 take a look at this offer from amazon. I've been looking at this model for some time and glad I waited. I'm looking forward to cutting my lawn with it this weekend

link isnt work, so go to amazon.com and look at the deal of the day

Users who are viewing this thread