I'll never learn.

SVT04

Established Member
I stopped by Freedom Ford just to have a look at a GT500 that they had just got in. Of course it had a sold sign in the window,sold for some stupid inflated figure.

It was black with tungsten stripes and there was a fellow just wiping down water left on it from washing as it sat dripping in the new showroom.

I told him I thought it was a nice car and that I was very glad I bought my 04 Cobra,because of what has happened with the GT500 with poor availability and inflated prices....along with people trying to make "collectors" items out of them or turn a quick profit etc.....Glad I didn't wait.

He said "welcome to the world of exotics" ! What a moron. I almost fell down laughing. I said for the first thing ,its not an exotic. Its a Mustang. Sure a nice car but a Mustang. Just because it has the Shelby name on it does not make it an exotic. I told him that Ford intended the Mustang ,Cobras and Shelby included to be an affordable performance car. Just look at the MSRP.

Anyway he continued wiping and I looked the car over and left somewhat amused by the stupidity and arrogance of some of the people who work in these dealerships.

GT500R

Established Member
when he said welcome to the world of exotics, I would have turned around and started looking and said "you guys got a ferrari?!?!" :D

SVT04

Established Member
R1Lello said:
I don't know, I read it as jeolousy and you really want one. Wrong??

You couldn't be more wrong. I was just looking as the car was the third one I have seen in the real steel so to speak. Personally I don't like the looks or the inflated size. I think the car is ugly. I just like to confirm to myself why I love my 04. Plus I get a kick out of the idiots some (or most) Ford dealers employ.
Don't buy any lottery tickets,you probably wouldn't pick the right numbers :lol:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
so you absolutely hate the look of the car, but yet still waste time to stop and check it out, i think R1Lello hit the nail on the head. plus you sounded like me before i cracked and bought one.LOL

correct that two now!!!

SVT04

Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
so you absolutely hate the look of the car, but yet still waste time to stop and check it out, i think R1Lello hit the nail on the head. plus you sounded like me before i cracked and bought one.LOL

correct that two now!!!

I took the time to check it out yes. I don't hate it,hate is a strong word that doesn't really apply here. I don't like the look is all. I will not crack and buy one !

I will provide you with one scenario where I might buy one. My 04 is written off or stolen or some other complete loss. Then if there were no more good 04s left around then just maybe................No I'll just keep my 04 thank you.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
SVT04 said:
I stopped by Freedom Ford just to have a look at a GT500 that they had just got in. Of course it had a sold sign in the window,sold for some stupid inflated figure.

He said "welcome to the world of exotics" ! What a moron. I almost fell down laughing. I said for the first thing ,its not an exotic.

I looked the car over and left somewhat amused by the stupidity and arrogance of some of the people who work in these dealerships.

And in other local news(Edmonton, Alberta, Canada that is), the other former/sort of SVT dealer in town(Healy) has 4 in the showroom. At a price to be determined as long as its way over MSRP.:burn:

Which is why I went to the local Porsche dealer(Norden Autohaus) and spent the money local Ford dealers think a Mustang is worth on a car that is worth that much (Cayman).:poke:

So I guess I should thank the local Ford idiots for making me a happy Porsche customer.....:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread