I'm done with Ford

bpmurr

Established Member
Mods please remove as this is in the wrong section. Thanks!

Last edited:

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i hear ya there. i think thats crap how ford can build so many cars that are built and made to race. but as soon as you do, they want nothing to do with it. wtf...

metaman

Established Member
How did they know you where posting up in the forums about taking the car to the track? Did you tell them that? Did you link them to your threads about the clutch? If you did, lesson learned. It said in the owners manual of my 03 cobra that if you race the vehicle then the vehicles power train warranty was voided. You can have as much fun as you want in your mustang. Just don't tell them about it.

AmnDucky

Established Member
It depends on the dealership. I had my 4.0 engine replaced under warranty with a dyno tune, dual exhaust, underdrive pulley, CAI, short shifter, and time on thunderhill. The dealership even reinstalled my CAI.

ViciousJay

Established Member
trade me, trade me!!!! ill buy a trans and do it right!!! or maybe your driver mod needs help

Kewlv8

Established Member
Why done? These cars are like Crack, just that they are legal. Buy a new clutch and move on. What are you going to buy in it's place? The Camaro SS that looks fast but drives like a sedan with a bag of ready-mix in the trunk...... Over? C'mon, was it over when Germany bombed Pearl Harbour???? :rockon:

rexisme

Established Member
Quit crying. Look at your mod list. You have to pay to play, I'll chalk it up to operator error. Which means, before you have to pay 1800 again, maybe go get some driving lessons.

kingnut

Established Member
you took your car to the track and beat on it. clutch is gonna be the first thing to go.

EaterofWorlds

Established Member
C'mon, was it over when Germany bombed Pearl Harbour???? :rockon:

:lol:

Is anyone else rolling on the floor after reading this??????????????

Those damn Nazis.... blowing up Pearl Harbor.

Excuse me while I have some sushi.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
As many of you know I took my GT500 in because my clutch was toast at 9400ish miles back in June after less than a year of ownership. I was denied any kind of assistance on the repair from the plant engineer by only picture examinations. I ended up having to install a McLeod clutch and flywheel because the OEM unit was on constant back order after waiting for months. I ended up with $1800 dollars in expenses taking away the down payment money for a 2011 Fiesta I planned to buy as a daily driver.

I went all the way to the top of the chain. I ended up dealing with Ken Czubay's team only to get a "free" extended warranty if I bought the Fiesta. I had my final conversation with one of his team members and a plant engineer today. They said because I had posted on the forms I had taken my car down the drag strip for fun at a track rental that I overheated it that day. Even though it was fine and didn't fail until and couple of months and thousands of miles later.

The bottom line is this. If you have any kind of fun in these cars Ford will look for anything to get out of assisting you. What’s the purpose of buying a Mustang for if you can only drive it like a Fusion? I went out of my way to buy this car earlier then I really could afford last year to help them out for not taking bailout money. This was supposed to be a dream experience for me and instead has been a nightmare. I appreciate everyone's support on the forum and wish you all the best with your cars. Be careful as to what you say or do with them as it seems Ford is watching. It's going to be hard for a loyal Ford guy leave but I'm so disgusted about this. Ford rather jump over a dollar to save a dime. :fm:

Chevy, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Dodge, Saab, Volvo, Daihatsu, will ALL void your warranty for racing. how does that suprise you? you have a modded GT500 that toasted a stock clutch, and you are complaining. ummm it goes with the territory of....RACING YOUR NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

im not gonna be racing my 2011gt until the warranty is up. my clutch wont by frying, my rear end spur gear will not be blowing up,etc because im NOT putting DR's on it and racing it. i already have a race car.

no sympathy. fix it. and expect no other warranty support for your new 2010 RACE CAR. jeez. blame Ford why dont you....oh you did.

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
so wait. you race and beat on your car and they have evidence. Now your bitchin they deny you any help. Good for them. Tell me one company that would replace a "wear and tear" item via warranty especially after knowing why it failed early

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Ford Warranty Guide:

Maintenance/Wear
The new vehicle limited warranty does not cover: The replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear. You, as owner, are responsible for these items. Some examples of maintenance and normal wear are: CLUTCH LININGS.

What is not covered under the new vehicle limited warranty:
Damage Caused By:
Misuse of the vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, RACING, or using the vehicle as a permanent stationary power source.

Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification:
The new vehicle limited warranty does not cover any damage caused by: Exhaust and intake systems, performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance chips.

TermNewb

Banned
ohhh noes!!!! I bought a GT500 and modded the crap out of it. Then i brought it to the track and beat it up on the streets. Now its broken.... $%$%$ FORD!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread