I'm done with Ford

Kewlv8

Established Member
No hidden meaning, the Germany bombing Pearl Harbor speech is a line from Animal House.

:thumbsup:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI"]YouTube- Animal House: Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor[/nomedia]

[youtube_browser]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

LS2GTO

Established Member
WMS 93 Oct. Tune, 2.6 Metco Pulley, Metco Idler, Afco Dual Fan HE, VMP Stock Look Coolant Tank, FRPP Springs, Roush UCA, BMR Adj. Panhard Rod, Hankook Ventus V12, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle backs, JLT CAI, McLeod RST Clutch/ LS Flywheel

As much as your situation sucks, do you really think Ford will stand behind something that is exposed to all those mods? It's not like you put on some mufflers and an intake, you went ahead and raised the boost quite a bit and thus the power and torque of your car. No manufacturer is going to stand behind parts of the power/drivetrain when you increase boost and power considerably.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
As many of you know I took my GT500 in because my clutch was toast at 9400ish miles back in June after less than a year of ownership. I was denied any kind of assistance on the repair from the plant engineer by only picture examinations. I ended up having to install a McLeod clutch and flywheel because the OEM unit was on constant back order after waiting for months. I ended up with $1800 dollars in expenses taking away the down payment money for a 2011 Fiesta I planned to buy as a daily driver.

I went all the way to the top of the chain. I ended up dealing with Ken Czubay's team only to get a "free" extended warranty if I bought the Fiesta. I had my final conversation with one of his team members and a plant engineer today. They said because I had posted on the forms I had taken my car down the drag strip for fun at a track rental that I overheated it that day. Even though it was fine and didn't fail until and couple of months and thousands of miles later.

The bottom line is this. If you have any kind of fun in these cars Ford will look for anything to get out of assisting you. What’s the purpose of buying a Mustang for if you can only drive it like a Fusion? I went out of my way to buy this car earlier then I really could afford last year to help them out for not taking bailout money. This was supposed to be a dream experience for me and instead has been a nightmare. I appreciate everyone's support on the forum and wish you all the best with your cars. Be careful as to what you say or do with them as it seems Ford is watching. It's going to be hard for a loyal Ford guy leave but I'm so disgusted about this. Ford rather jump over a dollar to save a dime. :fm:

C'mon man, really...? So you bought a 50k car you could not afford to help out the manufacturer that didn't need bail out money...??:shrug:

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but here is one of your posts:

I was up at Cecil County Dragway today and ran the car a dozen times. My best run was 12.622. I was having problems launching the car. I'd either spin like crazy or get bogged down. I kept having to make it up on the top end. I've got a fast street car, not so much at the track. It was a lot of fun though and I'm looking forward to going back soon.

Why do you feel that you should get a new clutch under warrany or any type of assistance? Ran the car hard from stock (apparently a dozen times on this outing), then bumped the HP levels....etc

I understand your frustration, and if this happened in the first 1000 miles then it would be more understandable.

We are all enthusiatst, but having fun and going fast has rewards and downfalls.

stang1971

Established Member
my 2011gt has 3800 on it and is at ford getting a new clutch put in it.... i was having issues where at normal driving the clutch would engage right off the floor. I took it to my nearest dealership. I have my racing numbers and my nitrous kit installed. did i expect them to fix it under warranty?... no. but they did flush and bleed the clutch line and it didnt help. turns out ive cooked the pressure plate.. i guess 6k launches on slicks and a 75 has this effect.:shrug:

haha... i didnt get charged for that cuz they could do that under warranty. i bought the rst clutch from mcleod and ford is installing it for $300. and will warranty their labor since they are installing it. I didnt go in blaming ford for my clutch.. it was all me. They worked with me on my car as much as they could since i didnt bs them around and try and blame it on a defective part.. well and the gm from that dealership saw my car pulling the front tires the last time i raced :eek:. lol

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
go buy a Chevy and then cry to them when you abuse it also, ooops probably can't
afford another car, if you can't afford to fix the one you abused.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
my 2011gt has 3800 on it and is at ford getting a new clutch put in it.... i was having issues where at normal driving the clutch would engage right off the floor. I took it to my nearest dealership. I have my racing numbers and my nitrous kit installed. did i expect them to fix it under warranty?... no. but they did flush and bleed the clutch line and it didnt help. turns out ive cooked the pressure plate.. i guess 6k launches on slicks and a 75 has this effect.:shrug:

haha... i didnt get charged for that cuz they could do that under warranty. i bought the rst clutch from mcleod and ford is installing it for $300. and will warranty their labor since they are installing it. I didnt go in blaming ford for my clutch.. it was all me. They worked with me on my car as much as they could since i didnt bs them around and try and blame it on a defective part.. well and the gm from that dealership saw my car pulling the front tires the last time i raced :eek:. lol

What does you pos 5.0 have anything to do with the gt500 clutch ! you sound like your a little kid with your HAHA !

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh man, that one really hurt my feelings. please, mr keyboard warrior sir, don't type any more of that mean stuff.[/obvious sarcasm]

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
APG2369, you are a totally ignorant person. I hope you were joking because you cant be this ignorant, can you? the 5.0 is sick as fck. Enough said. 12.7 from car and driver? I bet Even J. Smith could get this in the 12.3-4 range stock easy. Handling? .97g on a skid pad? Get a fckn clue. 105ft 60-0? get a fckn clue. $31k starting? $40K with tons of options-nav, heated seats, ipod adaptor? get a fckn clue. Better airflow through the heads than a ford gt alluminum 5.4? Get a fckn clue. We've all seen what an 03 cobra can do with 7 years of support and they are fckn awesome cars for their time. Why not give a car that gives better handling with slightly better straight line performance, while being literally the same price- less if you factor inflation- the same support outta the box? Oh wait, your just in need of a fckn clue.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
also, apg2369, yur 471 hp 2007 gt seems like it could use the driver mod to get rid of the pos problem-you. 12.40's out of a solid axle gt with that power? mm&ff ran an auto with less wheel hp into the mid 11's on 20's. You wanna talk about pos? how bout yurself buddy, you seem like a real peace of work.

melissa809

Established Member
I am pretty sure apg2369 was being sarcastic. And what's up with the OP posting this on EVERY car forum on the web.....bpmurr...ENOUGH! Fix ur clutch and be done with it!

It's OVER, Johnny!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread