Im going to disney world!

silvrsrt

Established Member
lol. So my girlfriends parents are taking us to disney world for a week :banana:

Who has been and what are some cool things to check out? Is it all kids stuff? because I am 22 and my girlfriend is 21... any suggestions??

04YellowGT

Established Member
lol. So my girlfriends parents are taking us to disney world for a week :banana:

Who has been and what are some cool things to check out? Is it all kids stuff? because I am 22 and my girlfriend is 21... any suggestions??

I haven't been there for about 4 years so I'm sure a bunch of shit has changed. I always had fun there and there are actually some cool stuff there.

Check out downtown disney they have a section that has like a bunch of clubs and bars.

Are you staying inside the park? If so thats they way to go you get in early and if they bought the right package you can go to all the parks as many times as you want including Downtown Disney.

Also Universal Studios isn't too far away and they have a pretty cool night scene there too.

ATFPat

Established Member
Ahh I m not a fan of Disney. Best time to go though is in the winter time when theres less kids. wasn't a fan of being outnumber by kids though. Rides were fun and the food was great.

The best part for me was when the girlfriend got sick and I went to our pool at pop century for a day by myself.

Seemed to be crowded out the but when we went in the winter time....oh well. A free vac. is a good one!.

Last edited:

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
I was just there in June. Definately ride the Expedition Everest ride in Animal Kingdom. Other than that, I suggest you go to Universal Studios (about 30 minutes away). The rides are much better there.

Have fun :beer:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Screw disney! Go to Universal Islands Of Adventure, i got there like 4 times every year and it never gets old! Universal studios is right next door they Split at this place called city Walk, so you can choose which place you want to go to, Islands of adventure is geared towards the older crowd with a lot more rides, and studios is for 3D movies etc

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
islands of adventure and universal studios are 23947 times better, especially for your age
..but thats assuming you can pick the park, if not...disney world is still always fun to go to

I got to go for free not too long ago [student at University of Central Florida, which is in Orlando, and I have a friend that works there on weekends...so she got me and a group of friends in to all the parks for free..and its only 30 minutes away from my apartment]

and we actually had some fun, animal kingdom was pretty cool, epcot wasn't really thrilling but still had some cool stuff....overall well worth the day and i was beat by the end of the night!!

Last edited:

hoamskilet

Established Member
I "get" to go to disney with my wife and her family at the end of march. I wanna go about as bad as I wanna chop my own feet off.

2003 Silver

Banned
Disney is awesome at any age....LOVE it there. Everyone's friendly, extremely clean. For your age do the roller coaster type rides: Expedition Everest, Space Mt., Epcot. Whatever park has Tower of Terror etc. is a good one as well (Universa/MGM).

ff500

Established Member
We go twice a year, my wife and I are Disney Vacation Club owners, our last visit was during Halloween at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we're going again in April and will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Favorite rides are the tower of terror, rockin roller coaster, expedition everest, splash mountain, water ride at animal kingdom, safari ride.
I have points for rent if anyone is interested a lot cheaper than paying their prices, send me a pm.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
travel the world and go to epcot and have a drink at every country..you will have a good time, France has some cute chicks too but you have a g/f

silvrsrt

Established Member
I haven't been there for about 4 years so I'm sure a bunch of shit has changed. I always had fun there and there are actually some cool stuff there.

Check out downtown disney they have a section that has like a bunch of clubs and bars.

Are you staying inside the park? If so thats they way to go you get in early and if they bought the right package you can go to all the parks as many times as you want including Downtown Disney.

Also Universal Studios isn't too far away and they have a pretty cool night scene there too.

I heard downtown disney is closed.... :shrug:

and yes we are staying in the park I believe our package includes everything from tickets to meals :banana:

I was just there in June. Definately ride the Expedition Everest ride in Animal Kingdom. Other than that, I suggest you go to Universal Studios (about 30 minutes away). The rides are much better there.

Have fun :beer:

I will definitely check it out! I will try and make it to Universal. thanks!

Screw disney! Go to Universal Islands Of Adventure, i got there like 4 times every year and it never gets old! Universal studios is right next door they Split at this place called city Walk, so you can choose which place you want to go to, Islands of adventure is geared towards the older crowd with a lot more rides, and studios is for 3D movies etc

I will try and make it to universal, are they affiliated with disney ?

Disney is awesome at any age....LOVE it there. Everyone's friendly, extremely clean. For your age do the roller coaster type rides: Expedition Everest, Space Mt., Epcot. Whatever park has Tower of Terror etc. is a good one as well (Universa/MGM).

I hear a lot about this tower of terror! I will check it out! thanks :beer:

We go twice a year, my wife and I are Disney Vacation Club owners, our last visit was during Halloween at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, we're going again in April and will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas. Favorite rides are the tower of terror, rockin roller coaster, expedition everest, splash mountain, water ride at animal kingdom, safari ride.
I have points for rent if anyone is interested a lot cheaper than paying their prices, send me a pm.

pm'd

travel the world and go to epcot and have a drink at every country..you will have a good time, France has some cute chicks too but you have a g/f

I will check this out as well! thanks a lot!

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
Downtown Disney was still open in June when I was there. But they might not be now. Universal is seperate from Disney, so you will have to buy seperate tickets. They also have a great nightlife scene if Downtown Disney happens to not be open anymore.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
I was there last august. I had a really great time and oddly enough it wasn't over run by kids. I had a really good time, i'd say my fav parks were the Wild Kingdom, epcot, and the actual disney park. There's plenty of more "adult" things to do in Animal kingdom and in epcot. I forget in which park, but there is a sweet restaurant that has a drive-in theme and it's pretty cool and the food was decent. I would go back there again.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
I "get" to go to disney with my wife and her family at the end of march. I wanna go about as bad as I wanna chop my own feet off.

I've been there twice now, age 13 and 4 years ago now, I'll never go back even if it was paid for. My 6 year old daughter was the only reason why we went, the look on her face when she seen the Magic Kingdom and all the Princesses was priceless. For young kids, it is truly magical, for adults, no spank you. The rides are meh, everything costs so much, tell them to send you to Mexico for a week all inclusive for the same price.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Oh, they're not payin for it haha, which makes it even worse. My wife is a disney nutball, so I told her I'd take her. Then her family got thrown into the mix. I may come back home minus one mother in law

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I went in the summer 07. It was my first time. It was cool, Epcot was my favorite. The fireworks show was amazing. Plus walking around the different parts of the world was cool.

silvrsrt

Established Member
Downtown Disney was still open in June when I was there. But they might not be now. Universal is seperate from Disney, so you will have to buy seperate tickets. They also have a great nightlife scene if Downtown Disney happens to not be open anymore.

PLEASURE ISLAND NIGHTCLUBS CLOSED

SEPTEMBER 28, 2008

" After close to 20 years in operation, Disney's Pleasure Island is undergoing a major overhaul. They have closed the Adventurer's Club, Comedy Warehouse, 8 Traxx, Motion, Mannequins and BET Sound Stage. "

Users who are viewing this thread