Im going to disney world!

ff500

Established Member
Pleasure Island was closed down I think because of some unruly behavior, But there are still places to get some drinks at DTD and other things to do over their, it would be better to go over towards Epcot with all the bars and then head over to the boardwalk, you can walk from the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort to Epcot and also Hollywood Studios, the boardwalk has jellyrolls, the atlantic dance club and espn sports bar.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
PLEASURE ISLAND NIGHTCLUBS CLOSED

SEPTEMBER 28, 2008

" After close to 20 years in operation, Disney's Pleasure Island is undergoing a major overhaul. They have closed the Adventurer's Club, Comedy Warehouse, 8 Traxx, Motion, Mannequins and BET Sound Stage. "

Damn, that sucks. Well, like I said, Universal has a great nightlife and it isn't to far away. Or if you want to stay in the DW park, there are the places ff500 mentioned.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I went with the wife last year. I wasn't so enthused about going, but it turned out to be an awesome trip. It only cost us around $1K for a week. Do the mission to mars thing on "expert" i think it's called. The Tower of Terror is fun. Rockin' Rollercoaster too. It was fun to hang out around Epcot going to different countries checking out stuff and hearing different languages.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
We went last summer to take our six year old son. I havent been there since I was a kid, wife and son had never been before. Was not sure how much fun it would be for me and I had a blast. Oh yea the wife and liked it too, enjoy.

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
Ive never been to Disney World only Disneyland. Heard World is much better but id prefer Universal Studios from the ride descriptions. Magic Mountain and Cedar Point are where the big boys go to play!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Here is a great website with up to date info and tips:

Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

And an excellent travel guide put out yearly:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Birnbaums-Walt-Disney-World-2009/dp/1423110463/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232814808&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2009: Jill Safro: Books[/ame]

One thing I would recommend, not sure how many days you're going to be there, but have a plan of attack, try to not criss cross parks and zigzag all over the place. For example, Say you hit the magic kingdom first, start to the left in adventure land, then go to frontier land, etc. hit the rides you want, skip the ones you don't.

Epcot, maybe do the rides one day, walk the countries of the world the next.

Just have a good game plan before you go and you should be all set.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Went last March with my wife (28 and 27) and my family. It was really a good time. They have plenty of rides for 20 somethings. Check out the stunt show at Universal Studios, Everest, the roller coaster at Sea World was my wife's favorite, fireworks every night at magic kingdom are badass. Rockin' Roller coaster kicks ass. Tower of terror is cool.

Dunno if you've been, but Kennedy Space Center is badass also. There is a Shuttle launch scheduled for 2/12/09 so if you're there at that time, you better make the trip. I missed one by a week last year.

Kissimee FL, is a cool place too if you're into rides. There a cool park there.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
skycoaster @ old town is what I rode a few times 10 years ago. Pretty fun. Make the trip!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_VP_SaGvLU"]YouTube - Skycoaster Kissimmee- 01/09/09[/ame]

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
If you will have a rental car be sure to run over to Daytona Beach and the speedway. Its only about an hour each way and it is something you will not want to miss. Especially if you ever watch it or seen it on TV. There is just so much to do at Disney World itself that I would not know where to begin to tell you what all to see. Epcot is neat if you like learning about other cultures. Last time we went we were out til the parks closed some nights. Have fun.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
My family and I camp at Fort Wilderness 3-4 times a year . Disney is a great place for kids as well as adults . I have as much fun , if not more , than my kids . The wilderness lodge is beautiful , just to walk in the lobby is a sight . We like to get on the monorail and go "resort hopping" , it stops at all the major disney resorts . We get off , have a few cocktails then move on to the next .

You can also get on the monorail from the magic kingdom and they'll take you all over disney - free . From any resort you can hop on the boats which take you around lake Buena Vista , They are nice at sunset! From The contemporary and Fort Wilderness you can rent little two seater speed boats and cruise around the lake , they also rent Boston Whalers and pontune boats , have parasailing and fishing excursions . If you want to impress the misses take her to fort wilderness and take her on a horse and carriage ride .

International drive is the main drag near disney , has some interesting places and restaurants . The indoor skydiving place is pretty cool and Ripleys believe it or not . The street that runs parallel with International is 192 which has a cool place called "Old Town" thats worth checkin out . Disney international speedway has the Richard Petty experience which is awesome if you ever wanted to drive a Nascar race car .

Last edited:

randyp97svt

Established Member
I live only about 20 minuets from the parks, and i prefer Universal. Disney is geared for kids and in pleasure island which is located in Downtown Disney, has closed most of the clubs since september of 08. Anything specific you guys want to do while your here?

Users who are viewing this thread