I'm having car issues. Help needed!!

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Decided to take my car out after having it sit awhile (maybe a week) and the ABS light turned on as well as the traction control light. Along with that, the right turn signal is flashing rapidly. When the car is on, the headlights also turn on even though the headlight knob isn't pulled out. They appear very dim. Any idea what may have caused this? I've disconnected the battery and same issues.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Mouse died behind instrument panel after chewing on wires?:shrug:

Sure sounds like something has shorted to something else.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
This is pretty weird. Now everything is good until I turn on my headlights. I went and bought a new headlight fuse and headlight blub and still the same thing. When I pull my headlight knob the ABS light and the traction control light turn on. Do you think it could be a loose connection behind the instrument panel? Should I replace the ABS fuse as well? I'm kinda lost myself.

Forgot to add that when I do turn on my headlights, all the bulbs on the passenger side are dim while the driver's side look fine. Headlight/Fog light/Turn signal.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Maybe wires under the dash are exposed and contacting each other. Or the harness to that side of the car is messed up.

Users who are viewing this thread