I'm know im the only one!!

5ohpowa

Established Member
I've got to be the only one to go from a '13 to a '12 lol anways im just glad i'm finally back in another 5.0 after having to sell my '13 gt in December to straighten out a few things. I was able to get back into another gt this month and I couldn't be happier. I honestly miss the '13s lights but everything else about the deal was an upgrade. My '13 was a black base car(gt500 mufflers,boss h pipe, Barton, h&r springs) my new '12 is silver(way easier on my o.c.d lol) it has leather, heated seats,brembos&3.73,backup sensors. I've only done a few mods this month(flowmaster outlaws, upr shifter bracket,h&r springs-barton shifter and tint soon!
NEW
IMG_20130512_194529_007.jpg

OLD
photobucket-1773-1343080159373.jpg

Lone Star

Established Member
Nice rides! May I ask why switch from a 13 to a 12? I agree with silver being easier to neglect (wash wise) then black but what was wrong with the 13?

5ohpowa

Established Member
I won't argue the 13 is a better looking car but the brembos/3.73/leather and heated seats and not having the base sound system anymore makes me happy with it. No more black paint is a plus and I've fallen in love with the sync system!!! Happy to be back in the 5.0

5ohpowa

Established Member
Nothing wrong with the '13 I sold it to pay off two loans and put a roof on the house. 6 months later I was debating buying a new 13/14 again with brembos when this got traded in. Price was awesome and only 11k miles. To be honest though it doesn't matter what color the car is I was them everyday or every other day I just spend more time enjoying the car and less time washing/waxing and running around it with the California duster every time I park lol

Lone Star

Established Member
I won't argue the 13 is a better looking car but the brembos/3.73/leather and heated seats and not having the base sound system anymore makes me happy with it. No more black paint is a plus and I've fallen in love with the sync system!!! Happy to be back in the 5.0

I went from a 2010 base v6 to a fully loaded 2011 Gt, so I understand loving all the premium options. Just was wondering if there was an issue you had with the '13 that made you switch other then stepping up to a year older car with premium options.

5ohpowa

Established Member
Only issue the '13 ever had was one failed taillight assembly(warranty replaced it) and it wouldn't shift into third when you were high in the rpms but after the Barton bracket it never gave me anymore issues. With this car I got a shifter bracket before I even got on it. I'm going to pull the clutch assist spring and a Barton shifter as soon as I have some spare time

pdub

Established Member
I'm biased as well, but i feel like the more i see 2013's around town... the more i love my 2012 lol

Fear the 5

Established Member
Nice. I personally like the looks of the 2011/12's better than the 13's. Not a fan of the 13 front end and tail lights.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I like the 12's better then the 13' mostly because of the front end. I always thought the front end should be exclusive to the shelby. The rear tail lights are a novelty and a bit gimmicky to me. Cant really say the track apps excite me either. I like what i like, and i plan on having me 12 for a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread