IM SICK OF IT~! OPINIONS ASAP!

Black03COBRA

Today i finally fixed the damn exhuast for the about 5th time. The ProChamber doesnt like to come in contact where the left exhuast manifold and left side if the pipe connect.

So the result: $hitty air (leak) sound.

Solution: New exhuast system.

Problem is this is what i want and i dont know what i need:

I want a great sounding exhuast ( Deep at WOT, loud at WOT, not tooooo loud at low RPM but enough to scare small animals and children, hell scare ne one. im just not happy with the way my setup sounds ne more with this problem. i used to love it until ive been having problems with it leaking all the damn time. and i dont want to have to fix it every-other month.

I was interested in either the Bassani O/R Xpipe and catback

OR

MagnaFlow catback
MagnaFlow Magnapack catback ???
MagnaFlow X-pipe

I dont know how the magnapacks sound vs the other catback? or if there is a dif. im not familiar with magnaflow at all.

please any sound clips, or .02$ is needed.

BLACK0THREE :smmon:

SVT 03 Cobra

I wish I had a way to post a sound clip of my Bassani setup for ya, without cats... cuz thats how I run... not too loud @ idle, but step on it at all.... and they will know your coming.... women hide their children, and all the forest animals run for cover. :)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
fakesnake.com's Bassani setup scared the hell out of me...

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I think my buddy kpinco's Bassani with cats & cat back setup is as loud or louder than my setup. It sounds friggin awesome! You really need to cruz behind an 03 out on the highway to appreciate the sound.

2003white_cobra

Established Member
I ordered the bassani cat X-pipe and cat back yesterday. Will hopefully get in on this week. I heard it on a GT and it sounded really good. I am not a big fan of MAC products ... quality kinda sucky but Bassani has good quality products. I had them on my lightning and it never leaked.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
You get what you pay for. Cars always roll down their windows when I cruise by (even on the freeway). They must appreciate the sound. You will get plenty of rumble with the cats in.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I like my QMP exhaust. There are a few ways to run it and I listed them in order of loudness.

1. QMP 3" with straight through and cat's it is tough and civil
2. QMP 3" with chambered mufflers and cat's it is mean
3. QMP 3" with chambered mufflers and no cat's will cause people to sh*t themselves at lights. At idle under 900 rpm completely silent the second you hit the throttle goes to screaming immediately. When I was running this way one of my most memorable events was at a light and a guy in a civic was in the next lane. He came up after I was already sitting there at idle. When the light turned green and I started to go all I saw from the corner of my eye was this guy jump in shock I swear he sh*t himself.
4. QMP 3" with straight through and without cat's will kill people.

03kobra

Established Member
i have bassani x with magna flow catback...sounds awsome...unlike the typical stang...more of a ferrari tone!

OverToad

Established Member
Magnaflow=better value for the $$$$
Bassani=top of the line quallity

Either one is the ticket.

If you go Bassani, I'd suggest cats-in. 03Sssnake just couldn't take no cats anymore, and installed cats. It sounded a little too much like a farmtruck under WOT. Sounded mean as Hell at WOT.

Just a side note here:

When I first got my Bassani, I really thought I'd made a mistake. I didn't care for the sound. However, in the last 1000 miles, it's as if the pipes ......"burned in".....for lack of a better term. Now I love the sound (and no, it's not a case of getting used to it), and am glad I went with Bassani.

Again though, either/or will work for ya.

CWCobra

Established Member
I like my QMP, now that I have installed the cats. Loud, but civil if need be. Only poblem is that I worry about long-term rigidity of the system. It comes in about 20 pieces, each about 1 foot long, which all have to be fitted together, then secured with band clamps. I just fear that, unless welded in, these guys will forever develop leaks and sags. If I were to do over, I'd go with a rigid system of 2 pieces, like the stock system: an H pipe, and a catback.
Later,
CW

shweggy 03snake

Established Member
I have the bassani x-pipe with cats, and the bassani catback as well as JBA shorties. Car sounds incredible!!! People love the way this thing sounds. Not too loud when idling or cruising slow, just a great low throaty sound, but when you get on it it's like a formula one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread