im still alive and the truck too...

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
well almost.

I am waiting for the time sert kit to get here. Meanwhile, I tried to clear the way till I have to perform the surgery. I already bought a new coil pack- $95 and thats the discounted price :eek: i need the plugs tomorrow. Rental car- roughly $400 by tomorrow

Here are the carnage pictures.

DSC01051.gif

DSC01050.gif

DSC01055.gif

Question, is this enough space to do the sert? I hope so because i dont feel like taking out anymore shit :whine:

DSC01056.gif

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
You definitely have some work ahead of you. I love the pic of dirty hands with nails done. It always makes me chuckle.

Glad to see you're back. :thumbsup:

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
chris thats not funny. its not cheap to get these nails done :-D i get my nails done 2 times a month and i usually do not anticipate my vehicle breaking down on me when i do so. when i did my blower swap i got rid of them. trust me its not easy working on something with these on

i will sert the one that blew when i get it. just to get her back on the road. i will do the other 4 the next wekeend.

203Cree

Established Member
You should be able to work in there with as small as your hands are Mai. Glad to hear you're doing well. :beer:

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
yeah i figured its enough space. just dont know about the angle the job requires. right now i have enough space to get the tap in there at an angle because of the rails. i dont know if that will be good enough. i hope someone who has done a sert job chimes in.

and just for the record, that bracket with the boost solenoid is a pita to get out of the way.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You should be good to go Mai. The sert tools are made to reach down in there. It would be easy to do the #5 while you're at it as well.

Good luck and try not to break those purdy nails!

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
QUIK BRIK said:
Whats up Mai? Glad to see she's coming together.
+1 on the purdy nails. :p

Looks like you got some work ahead of you, Keep that nail brush near by and good luck and have fun. I give you a lot of credit for working on your own truck, your braver than me and way more talented, it's a 10 minute job for me to look for the oil stick. I remember one time about 2 years ago I tried to change the oil on my 04 Explorer and I drained the Transmission and couldn't figure out why there was still oil in the engine, my brother saved me though.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
I love the pic of dirty hands with nails done. It always makes me chuckle.

I was thinking the same thing.

Mai, the pictures you took could have been my busted COP from two years ago when I launched my plug.

Just my opinion, but think about yanking your S/C again (you should be a pro at it now) and cert all the plug holes.

Stewart

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
You definitely have some work ahead of you. I love the pic of dirty hands with nails done. It always makes me chuckle.
Yeah that and the fact she is just about sitting on the damn motor:-D nice shoes btw

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
thanks, ill need all the luck. Stew i think i will try to find a way to sert all the rest especially the back, without removing the blower. i think i might be able to with my hands being small and all.

Yeah that and the fact she is just about sitting on the damn motor nice shoes btw
what was that mike? :lol: i do it all the time. makes things way easier

enginemonkey.jpg

i do all the work on my truck, its my pride and joy. its like my baby, when she runs well im so proud and happy, when she is sick, im sad and cranky. im weird :rockon: :burnout:

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Well atleast its an easy hole to get to. When mine blew out, it was the second one from the firewall on the drivers side. That plug is a pain in the rear to get to. Good luck on getting your truck fixed!

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
SnakeStress..glad to see your working on it and getting it done. I hated working on mine because of the meathooks i have for hands. They hardly fit anywhere. If i sat on my motor i would prolly bend my core support anyway lol. Godspeed and I look forward to her shes back on the road.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
holy hell MAI, What did I miss? Can you post the link to the original thread. Sorry to hear about all this. HOpe you get it all figured out, and fixxed with out breaking too many nails.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
Hey lucas, where the hell yah been?

I blew 2 plugs so far, 1 was repaired at the stealership for $1100 then shortly after i blew another one. I did finally put in my boost gauge. other than that, nothign much

i got the sert kit today fellas. The seller also threw in 3 more inserts so i can do all of them! :rockon:

noahdr

Established Member
Snakestress said:
Hey lucas, where the hell yah been?

I blew 2 plugs so far, 1 was repaired at the stealership for $1100 then shortly after i blew another one. I did finally put in my boost gauge. other than that, nothign much

i got the sert kit today fellas. The seller also threw in 3 more inserts so i can do all of them! :rockon:

I didn't catch the original story, but didn't you just get finished changing your plugs not too long ago..I remember reading your thread on it. Were the ones that blew the new ones you put in?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Mai the #6 plug is one of the easier plug holes to repair, somehow I know. I have done the # 1 , 2, 6, and 7 plugs holes with everything still in the bay, of course it made it a little easier to remove the fuel rails and I also dont have tha PCv and EGR crap in the way, still yet be thankful its not the # 3, 4, or 8 hole. BTW, did you get my email?... Stan

Users who are viewing this thread