Im sure I will get bashed and flamed but....interior swap day one...

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
First off big thanks to Drewstang off Louisville Mustangs. He came out today and will be back tomorrow or monday to help finish.

Ever since I got the car I always thought the Black and tan interior would look good against the blue. It was simply a matter of finding one in good shape. This particular setup came from an early 96 cobra. Anyways, I know everyone thinks gray and black are the only way to go color wise, but I respectfully disagree. To finish it off I will locate a set of 03/04 cobra seats with the tan insets.

Freshly dyed 03 cobra wheel, and trim

peanutbutter1.jpg

Pass side

peanutbutter2.jpg

Driver side

peanutbutter3.jpg

Console looks way off color wise in the pic but its really not in person. Also Ford changed the trans tunnel in the newer cars and they are higher up, meaning I had to cut 3" off the bottom of the back of the console, in addition to the cutting of the dash to fit the double DIN radio setup I have.

Drewstang

is that guy.
Established Member
I guess I'm becoming the interior expert on Louisville Mustangs. This makes the 4th or 5th interior swap I've done. Its different, but looks good. We'll get it wrapped up, the 105* heat index owned me.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
you know, i actually like the black/tan dash. I would do tan carpet with black mats/seats/console lid.

VtekII

Established Member
too many colors going on in there in my opinion. but your doing what makes you happy with it so i have no room to criticize

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
not feeling that at all, I didn't particularly like the black and tan in my 95 rio red when I got it but it has grown on me and now I like it but only on red coupe and convertable, and the black coupe. it would look ok on the black 'vert as long as the roof was black. nothing worse than the tan 'vert top. don't think it does much for the blue tho.

Unlike my feelings about the cobra badges on a "fobra" however, it IS your car and you are the one that has to live with it so .... whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:

tj04cobra

Established Member
Are you going to be getting rid of the blue ac bezel and door panel pieces? If so, I think it will look pretty nice. Inside peanut butter outside jelly. lol.

Edit: I like the tan inserted terminator seats! They will look good in there!

Last edited:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
It's your car, do with it what you want... I'll just keep my negative comments to myself for this one

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Paint all the blue stuff black and it'll look a lot better, IMO. Def replace the carpet too.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Door cups and center console need to be black. I have seen the black and tan with 03 parchment seats and it looks sick IMO. Just get that blue outta there stat.

Users who are viewing this thread