Im sure I will get bashed and flamed but....interior swap day one...

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I was hoping the gas can was coming into the pic somehow, lol. You should wrap the blue pieces with the CF fabric. That would look best.

phen0m

mustang addict...
Established Member
I think its going to turn out real nice especially with the tan cobra seats in there. Very application specific with the color combo not all can pull it off. The blue console and door pieces have to go though...

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I get what your trying to pull off, I think it is going to look great as soon as you get those 03/04 Parchment seats. Your doing something out of the box, hats off to ya, keep up updated.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
too much going on, get rid of the blue, with black and tan you cant do accent colors, gotta be done on solid color interiors, otherwise its too busy. I wen the other direction, turned my tan and black into all black, love it and got new seats, never hated anything more in my life then those stock seats.

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
painted the blue stuff black. Ive seen pics of this interior with the 03 cobra seats and they look like they match well to me. I think someone on here has that setup. I like it. I never cared for the light gray interior, I think the tan/black looks good with the color the car is. In any case I knew from the start that it was either a hate it or love it deal.

70Maverick

Established Member
I am confused. So what did it look like when you started?

I am one of those who hated that tan interior when it was new but it has grown on me over the years. It looks tasteful to me. Black carpet helps. If you do the black (charcoal, whatever) 99-04 carpet with the parchment terminator seats I think it will look good.
I would re-do the black parts you did in a flat or semi also. Just too shiny for my taste. But it's your car and you have to sit in it so carry on! Please post some more pics when you finish.......and post some of the "before" also.

EDIT....I just went back and took a look at the pics. I think you already have the charcoal carpet. Maybe it isn't the gloss but it looks like you dyed those parts black and the dash is the dark charcoal, right? That would bother me.
I can see you are putting a lot of labor and time in it. Not trying to slam you. I think it's cool you are that motivated. Just offering an opinion is all and you know what they say about those.............

Last edited:

frog

Coupes without wings
Established Member
I am confused. So what did it look like when you started?

I am one of those who hated that tan interior when it was new but it has grown on me over the years. It looks tasteful to me. Black carpet helps. If you do the black (charcoal, whatever) 99-04 carpet with the parchment terminator seats I think it will look good.
I would re-do the black parts you did in a flat or semi also. Just too shiny for my taste. But it's your car and you have to sit in it so carry on! Please post some more pics when you finish.......and post some of the "before" also.

EDIT....I just went back and took a look at the pics. I think you already have the charcoal carpet. Maybe it isn't the gloss but it looks like you dyed those parts black and the dash is the dark charcoal, right? That would bother me.
I can see you are putting a lot of labor and time in it. Not trying to slam you. I think it's cool you are that motivated. Just offering an opinion is all and you know what they say about those.............

the dash and everything is factory black the steering wheel and trim were dyed with black base and will lose the super shiney look with time.

Users who are viewing this thread