I'm thinking of moving to utah

gregorio

Established Member
Any one have any experience living in salt lake? Looking at a 2 year school up there. Any thoughts are appreciated

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is this a technical school? I'm assuming so. What career are you pursuing and how highly is the school rated?

gregorio

Established Member
Upperlimitaviation.edu

It's what I'm going to use my gi bill for so it's kinda mil related

hunterp

Established Member
Salt Lake is a pretty decent place to live. Big enough that there's plenty to do, but not big enough to be annoying. If you're into skiing, you'd love it.

VictorySong

Established Member
Upperlimitaviation.edu

Do you have flight experience from Afghanistan or Iraq? The positions in that field are very competitive and it's hard to compete with guys who have 1000s of hours logged overseas.

Check out AR15.com's aviation subforum. They have a great group of guys of current/ex military aviators and civilian operators who will give you the low down on the industry. From what I've seen it's a difficult field to get into and even harder to make money at which is totally different than what the instructors are usually promising.

VictorySong

Established Member
I have Zero experience but yeah a lack of jobs is going to be a prob anyhree

Since you're in Texas you might want to consider rolling with the medicine boom and look into a 2yr nursing or radiology program. Average salary is 50ish and if you take the right courses in your spare time it can open you up to a medical degree if you wish to earn more later on. They are begging for people right now.

Good luck either way. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Upperlimitaviation.edu

Ah, I see. Well, I wish you the best if you're absolutely settled on an aviation career. A friend of mine is a pilot (flies all over the world) and I know first hand how competitive a field it is. As mentioned, a medial career is definitely one to consider as the need exceeds the resources available.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
I have a physics course at the same campus as the upper aviation guys they're all on g.i. bills, and a lot of them are out of state. I think the heli job market's saturated.

Users who are viewing this thread