Imagine calling 911 for an emergency and being told "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Zemedici

Established Member
Did anyone die due to her negligence? If so we need to start a #whitelivesmattter movement and destroy a bunch of shit and riot, right?

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Did anyone die due to her negligence? If so we need to start a #whitelivesmattter movement and destroy a bunch of shit and riot, right?

"In one instance, Williams ignored a caller who contacted 911 to report a robbery at a convenience store, which resulted in at least one fatality."

Zemedici

Established Member
"In one instance, Williams ignored a caller who contacted 911 to report a robbery at a convenience store, which resulted in at least one fatality."

LETS START THE MOVEMENT

Springfield%20Angry%20Mob.jpg

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

I'll have to check the SOP, but I believe that is the correct action to take in a situation like this.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
A few years ago I was inside a buddy's place and had my car parked out on the street. The minute I heard the alarm I knew it was my car. Ran outside, saw two dudes in a van, I thought they hit my car. I then realized the window was smashed out. Wanted to shoot them, but didn't want to go to prison. They took off, so I tried to follow in my car while calling the cops, but they broke the console shifter off while trying to steal it and I couldn't manage to get it in drive.

I called the Detroit PD and said "two guys in a van are heading up Woodward as we speak in a van and they just tried to steal my car."

The officer said "we don't really have officers for that kind of thing."

They literally probably passed the station on the way up the street. Que sera sera.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
A few years ago I was inside a buddy's place and had my car parked out on the street. The minute I heard the alarm I knew it was my car. Ran outside, saw two dudes in a van, I thought they hit my car. I then realized the window was smashed out. Wanted to shoot them, but didn't want to go to prison. They took off, so I tried to follow in my car while calling the cops, but they broke the console shifter off while trying to steal it and I couldn't manage to get it in drive.

I called the Detroit PD and said "two guys in a van are heading up Woodward as we speak in a van and they just tried to steal my car."

The officer said "we don't really have officers for that kind of thing."

They literally probably passed the station on the way up the street. Que sera sera.

Un-****ing real. I wish it were legal to shoot someone who was attempting to steal your valuable property.

It's nothing like your story but a 7-8 years back on the day before Thanksgiving, I left work and went out to my car and saw the window was broken out and my GPS was gone and glove box and center console opened up. I called the Milwaukee police department and started filing a police report with the woman who answered and since it was just about 4:00 o'clock, she told me her shift was ending and someone would have to call me back shortly. Uhh, ok, and you wonder why people hate unions.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
What puzzles me is how she was able to hang up on "thousands" of callers and go unnoticed?

Zemedici

Established Member
What puzzles me is how she was able to hang up on "thousands" of callers and go unnoticed?

And if she hung up on thousands of callers, why is she only catching two charges? She should be charged with murder on the store owner's behalf.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Un-****ing real. I wish it were legal to shoot someone who was attempting to steal your valuable property.

It is in Texas

:rockon:

Texas Penal Code § 9.42. Deadly Force to Protect Property

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41;  and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
:rockon:

Texas Penal Code § 9.42. Deadly Force to Protect Property

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41;  and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

That's pretty great. A Texas constable once told me that if you have to shoot someone invading your home, make sure you're the only side of the story afterwords. Texas judges almost always side with homeowners protecting their property.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's pretty great. A Texas constable once told me that if you have to shoot someone invading your home, make sure you're the only side of the story afterwords. Texas judges almost always side with homeowners protecting their property.

When I took my CCW classes in IL the county sheriff's deputies who did the training gave us the same advice. "Shoot until the threat is neutralized. I only want to interview one party". Later advice included "When asked about how many rounds you fired; DO NOT GIVE A NUMBER. Repeat: I shot until the threat was neutralized". His advice was let the lawyers handle details because after an event like that no one has the presence of mind to recall explicit detail which could later be used against you by an aggressive prosecutor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread