Impact of Terminator color on Price?

prs97

Established Member
I've never seen a zinc yellow mustang here on long island aside from my ZY terminator...I did however meet a guy with a SY 04

Aside from my car, I've only seen 1 other ZY Terminator and I only saw it once going along on the Southern State.

I've seen a handful of ZY GTs and V6s around here.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Chances are that ZY terminator was my car haha. Prob myself or my buddy driving it lol

cobra-k

Established Member
MC was also available in 96

Mystic and mystichrome are 2 totally different paint jobs. 96 version "mystic" offered 3 shades of color one being a root-beer brown. As the 04 offered 4 shades none being a brownish tint. So no it wasn't offered in 96. :)

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I'm the original owner (could choose any color)
Had to have the Redfire!! But my other 2 favorites are DSG & sonic blue!
As far as used pricing goes only mysticrome would be A grand or 2 more As it was an up charge when new.Way more important factors when buying A used car than the color ladies!!

Last edited:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
The main reason I switched to the dark side (domestics from imports) was because this particular 04 Cobra was Oxford White...if it had been red or black I'd probably still be driving an import. My 91 300z TT and My 97 Supra TT were both white...so I'm definitely a bit color biased.
Completely unrelated to the thread but I have a question.

Since you have owned both which is more fun, the cobra or the TT Supra? I love the Supra and love my cobra but sometimes I get to thinking I haven't owned a Supra yet. Haha! But I don't know if the grass is going to be greener over there.

Dilley

Established Member
I'm surprised at the dislike of mineral grey, it's my second favorite. After Oxford white of course.

sonicblew

Established Member
for me the most premium color was sonic blue when i was shopping. MC was just not as appealing. i know its rarity but to me i don't love the seat inserts and wasn't willing to pay the asking price. Im not basing my buy on a color just because its only available on an 04 cobra. then the CO is amazing but i wasn't sure if id eventually get tired of an orange car. i felt sonic blue was a color id want to drive the most.

as far as silver, black, white, red, redfire those are neutral to me and buying them would be based on the car, condition, etc

id pay a little more for a DSG than the neutrals

for the yellow, i just don't think i could ever own a ZY. Have a buddy with one. well executed its a fantastic color car! i personally could not own it and could not buy one. it would need to be a helluva steal to do it so if i have buyers remorse i could re coupe my money immediately.

SY can be amazing too

Jmurrz

Established Member
I am surprised with all of the hate for MG too. It is not my absolute favorite, but because it is so rare (especially the verts) I do think it adds value, as with anything else with lower production numbers. I have to say that my favorite is CO and I would absolutely pay a premium for that color alone.

I think people are also forgetting about the color interior it has and if the wheels are satin or chrome. Those can play a huge factor in how a car looks - and thus effects value.

Either way, I think all of the colors look good.

Users who are viewing this thread