Impact of Terminator color on Price?

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
For me condition and mileage trumps color any day.

One thing is for sure, coupes are in higher demand than verts.

This is actually why I bought my Redfire. While it wasn't my first color choice, she came from the original owner who was a 70 year old retired gentleman. Was garaged since day one and every receipt and service record since day one. Was also in immaculate condition for 70k miles.

Cobra84

Established Member
Agree with a lot of the post on page 1. I have been out of the market for many years but remember when I was looking to buy a cobra in 2008 that silver, black, zinc yellow, redfire were all going for lower prices than the other colors. Seems many years later peoples opinions are still the same regarding. I originally searched for a CO or Sonic Blue and in 2008 it was hard to find a CO so I settled for SB. This worked out for the best IMO because SB is an absolute phenomenal color & I have no regrets. So as far as desirability and supply and demand I would say that the same holds true for the colors. The great thing is that SVT for 2003-04 had many options of colors to satisfy many peoples taste where as in in 1993 SVTs there were 3.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Comp Orange / Mystichrome +2k-3k (Unless it's a CO Vert - then it's +10k, according to TVS VERT)
Sonic Blue + 1k
OxFord White +500
DSG +500

Black Neutral
Redfire Neutral
S Yellow Neutral
Torch Red Neutral

Silver - 1k
Mineral Gray 1-2k
Zinc Yellow - 2.5 -3k

There's no way Torch should be ranked below Redfire. I have seen want to buy adds that say Torch Red is one of the colors they will consider, never seen one that says Redfire. Problem is sometimes redfire looks like hotpinkfire in pics. Sort of how Torch can look Orange (not CO, but more orange than red) in some pics.

Are still made that you couldnt come up with the stratch for my hand me down Stage 4 Steggy.....I would have put you on a payment plan if i knew you were gonna be mad.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Based on a coupe with less than 20,000 miles here is how i have it:

Base Car $25000

Comp Orange + $3000
Sonic Blue + 2000
Mystichrome +1500
OxFord White +2000
Screaming Yellow +750
DSG +1500

Black Neutral
Red Neutral
Redfire Neutral

Mineral Gray -1000
Silver -1000
Zinc Yellow - 2500

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Base car - $25000

Mystichrome - +2500
Comp O - +$2000
DSG - +2000
Sonic blue - +$1500
OW - +$1000

Redfire - neutral
Mineral Gray - neutral

Silver - -$500
TR - -$1000
Black - -$1500 (I'm particular about paint, so it's always dirty to me)
Any yellow - -$2000

I like this. But then for mine I would have to add the following.

Extra interior + $ 3,000.00
Extra Steering wheel + $ 600.00
Original rims - stored + $ 1,000.00

I trained my wife well on this as this is her thoughts. We have had 2 offers to sell over the last few months. A local dealership manager wrote me a letter wanting to buy it for their showroom. I told them "Not for Sale." Especially when I tried to talk to them to see what they were willing to offer and some nut case wanted to drive it first. HA HA.

Then last weekend a man walked up to my wife during a car show and pulled out his check book and asked what it would take to own it. She told him not for sale unless he had $50,000.00 to pay. I told her to be careful, there are people out there who can do that, on the spot.

ATFPat

Established Member
no love for zinc lol. I wanted SY at first but when I saw ZY, I liked it a lot. Even my wife thought zinc was the ugliest color. Once she saw it, the first thing she said "I like the color a lot"

I honestly think it's a color you need to see in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

Also, a few years ago, wasn't comp. orange not a desirable color like yellow? Then all of a sudden, it was the hot color to get?

I don't think there an ugly color for cobras. They all look great!

Last edited:

jrichber

browser
Established Member
I understand its all about your own preference but how does SB rate above MC any day? They are both great colors but Mystic is Mystic!

Black93Fox

Established Member
I believe that the MC would be the highest valued cobra any day. Even tho that it has a higher production rate than some other colors, it is only offered in 2004 and only in a svt. Opposed too every other color that can be purchased in later/same year GT models.

MC was also available in 96

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
MC was also available in 96

That was Mystic. They are 2 different colors. One could also argue that you could get sonic blue, redfire, OW, Silver and whatever else on any Ford. Where as Mystichrome only came on 2004 Cobras.

Last edited:

prs97

Established Member
I ended up with ZY since the condition and price of the car was good. I wasn't averse to yellow from the beginning and it has definitely grown on me like it sounds like it has for others. I don't plan on selling the car so hopefully it's market value is a non issue at the moment.

Originally, I wanted MC but they were always more than I wanted to spend.

My old 03 GT was SB. That color rocks and if I bought another Cobra, it was be SB.

cj428mach

Established Member
no love for zinc lol. I wanted SY at first but when I saw ZY, I liked it a lot. Even my wife thought zinc was the ugliest color. Once she saw it, the first thing she said "I like the color a lot"

I honestly think it's a color you need to see in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

Unless I'm missing something I think everyone has seen ZY. Its on like every v6 mustang that high school age girls drive. :lol1:

black 10th vert

Established Member
For me condition and mileage trumps color any day.

One thing is for sure, coupes are in higher demand than verts.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true, at least in my case it definitely was not! I had no interest in even looking at coupes when I was in the market. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of them, but for the type of toy I wanted it had to be a vert. If it was going to be a race car, or drag car then that would have been different.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I've never seen a zinc yellow mustang here on long island aside from my ZY terminator...I did however meet a guy with a SY 04

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not much love for MG. My feelings are hurt, guess I'll have to change my sig pic, lol.

I seen a MG one at the performance shop I go too. I actually like that color quite a bit. It's different.

JrSVT

Established Member
Whats the big deal about colors....yeah, I have a MG and it isn't the most popular color but it is mine, bought and paid for. I won't ever sell it so I don't really see all the hubbub about this color or that color. I guess once you actually own one of these cars and have done the mods to these cars and have the kind of love for these cars that I do, it doesn't matter the color.

Jr.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
The main reason I switched to the dark side (domestics from imports) was because this particular 04 Cobra was Oxford White...if it had been red or black I'd probably still be driving an import. My 91 300z TT and My 97 Supra TT were both white...so I'm definitely a bit color biased.

jbhguitar

Established Member
I love my MG vert. I love how the satin/machine finished wheels match in color. I think the black convertible top goes well with it.

Users who are viewing this thread