IMRC Deletes

svtguy0093

Established Member
New to SVT Performance I have a 96 Cobra and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on IMRC deletes. Is it worth it? What kind of performance would i get from them? Any input would be great thanks.

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
I say DD nope keep them in....Drag strip only with short runners....take them out. Many feell they are too much problems so they feel taking them out is the only to go but I have never seen a bad one. JMO

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Everybody says not to bother seafoaming it too. I actually tried and it didn't make much difference. Tried zip tying them open the other day and had a HORRIBLE off idle stumble. Figured I'd give the seafoam one more shot and see what happens. Seafoamed it today, let it sit 10 minutes, took it for a spin. Car runs PERFECT now. It used to hesitate as the IMRCs kicked in at like 4000 rpms, now its a perfectly smooth transition and it feels like I picked up a couple horsepower. Just freed some crap up that them carbon deposits were messin up. Try seafoam. If it don't work try it one more time. I was honestly impressed with it myself.

tt54l32v

Established Member
Everybody says not to bother seafoaming it too. I actually tried and it didn't make much difference. Tried zip tying them open the other day and had a HORRIBLE off idle stumble. Figured I'd give the seafoam one more shot and see what happens. Seafoamed it today, let it sit 10 minutes, took it for a spin. Car runs PERFECT now. It used to hesitate as the IMRCs kicked in at like 4000 rpms, now its a perfectly smooth transition and it feels like I picked up a couple horsepower. Just freed some crap up that them carbon deposits were messin up. Try seafoam. If it don't work try it one more time. I was honestly impressed with it myself.

seems like you may have another prob my car run perfect after deleting pre tune and like a raped ape after the tune. i had no stumbling issues at all

crazycarlo

Established Member
I say DD nope keep them in....Drag strip only with short runners....take them out. Many feell they are too much problems so they feel taking them out is the only to go but I have never seen a bad one. JMO

If you have gears and or a blower with a tune you shouldnt feel any low wnd loss. And ppl who think they have probles with them usually do. I got a code that one side was sticking closed so i took mine out and cleaned them really well. Overnight! Put them back on and after a week of driving the code is back and they open up irradically sometimes at 3200 sometimes later im guessing cause they were stuck. If you have the money and know how then do it.

98diablo

Established Member
i wouldnt bother deleting them. ive deleted them on one and not another,not much of a diff. i think its best to just take the intake off and give everything a good cleaning then put a breather on the valve cover or an oil seperator.

97cobratiny

97cobraTiny
Established Member
i wouldnt bother deleting them. ive deleted them on one and not another,not much of a diff. i think its best to just take the intake off and give everything a good cleaning then put a breather on the valve cover or an oil seperator.

Stupid Question.....
When you guys remove and clean the upper, lower, and the IMRC's do you have to get a new gasket? Or are you able to reuse? My gut tells me to get a new one but just wanting to make sure. What do you use to clean it once you get it all apart? Is there a write-up anywhere? How long does it normaly take?

crazycarlo

Established Member
the gaskets were made to be reuseable. I personaly reused mine however, ive heard that if you get gasoline on the IMRC gaskets they swell. So if your gonna do it you may wanna buy a set or be careful with yours. Also not the 96-97 and the 98 gaskets are diff.

Users who are viewing this thread