IMRC plates and 4:10s

SNAKEYE

Established Member
IMRC Cable Routing

Here is a picture of the IMRC cable routing behind the intake plenum that was posted on an earlier IMRC thread:
jb6wyx.jpg

The two black cables are what you are looking for, but from the front of the engine.

As a word of caution I wouldn't be sticking my fingers back there near any part of the cable end fittings because when they move they go from closed to open in a flash. Anything made of flesh and bone will be beat to a pulp. Just watch the tops of the loops in the cables to see if the shake upon being tensioned within.

PS - With my 4:10's and 295R18's on the rear, when the IMRC opens it's a real kick in the butt. And you better be pointed straight ahead or you'll be going for a circular ride.

bornatiger

Established Member
Thanks for that pic, Snakeye! I can feel mine kick in at about 3600rpm (sudden surge of power with 4:10's) but I have often wondered where they are located. I also wonder why they kick in that late. But they work so I haven't bothered with figuring that out! lol

Last edited:

Oceanside78

Established Member
Well, I was feeling around back there today and noticed one cable was hanging freely. The plastic piece that connects to the bracket to open the IMRCs was broken all apart. So, I'm going to just delete em. Kinda sucks, because I liked em when they work, but, they seem to be a problem for all. Oh well. On to the next

Oceanside78

Established Member
Ok scratch what I said above, I got in there with better light and was able to zip tie them open pretty securely, question though, on the passenger side I had good angle on the spring that hold the tension on keeping them closed, I was able to unhook the spring so it's open with no spring tension. That's not a problem is it? I mean, open is open is open right? It's only purpose to to close them it seems.

JamesBlake

Established Member
hey i seem to have similar issue with my 98 cobra. i have 4:10's and this car is gutless on the low end side??? what gives????????? i had a mach 1 before, and this cobra is really dissapointing me. it has 57k original miles..

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Even at 57k those IMRC's will have gunk, but worse yet the secondary valves will be filthy. Take off the upper and lower intake and clean the IMRC's and secondary intake port and the car will feel much better unless the IMRC's are not working. When Id id mine, I removed the IMRC's and the car ran so much better acceleration and deceleration. Much smoother.

Oceanside78

Established Member

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Lol I'm broke man. I couldn't even afford the coolant to replace what's drained when doing the delete right now. I've spent over 2500 in the past 2 months and I'm still not done. If you still have them in a couple weeks I'll hit you up, but right now I'm toast

ill be here when you want it, also comes with the gaskets

Users who are viewing this thread