In car vid 10.72@131mph on 18" hoosiers

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Damn man, mid 1.5 sixties on 18's, those Hoosiers are the shit man, I love them! Thats getting it done. Congrats on the new best, the runs looked great

fas4d

Established Member
What PSI would you run them at to get them to hook in second second gear on the street?

With my 17'' BFG's, I can't get them to hook at any more than 18-20PSI. And they'll spin in third gear surprisingly easily with any more tire pressure than that.

I orginally wanted Hoosiers, but thought they didn't make the size I needed so I went with the BFG's. :nonono:

My BFG's can handle the job I guess, but I'd definitely like to run more tire pressure in them for street duty. When they're done (soon), Hoosiers are going on for sure! :rockon:

30 psi on the street

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
30 psi on the street

30PSI and you can dead hook in second? WOW!

With my BFG's I'm lucky to get it to hook at 20PSI on a warm day, but it'll grab at 18PSI on a semi warm day.

Definitely gotta get a set of those Hoosiers now. Thanks for the info bro.

:beer:

Last edited:

fas4d

Established Member
What PSI would you run them at to get them to hook in second second gear on the street?

With my 17'' BFG's, I can't get them to hook at any more than 18-20PSI. And they'll spin in third gear surprisingly easily with any more tire pressure than that.

I orginally wanted Hoosiers, but thought they didn't make the size I needed so I went with the BFG's. :nonono:

My BFG's can handle the job I guess, but I'd definitely like to run more tire pressure in them for street duty. When they're done (soon), Hoosiers are going on for sure! :rockon:

30PSI and you can dead hook in second? WOW!

With my BFG's I'm lucky to get it to hook at 20PSI on a warm day, but it'll grab at 18PSI on a semi warm day.

Definitely gotta get a set of those Hoosiers now. Thanks for the info bro.

:beer:

yea I had problems w/ the BFG's also

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
Man that guy you lost to took a shitload of finish line. Nice runs man and beautiful car. I can always have respect for a fellow bracket racer.

fas4d

Established Member
56* and you're wearing 2 layers of long sleeved sweat shirts?
lol, enjoy the weather you bish.

Yea 56* is freezing , I'm glad it warmed up to low 70's or I may have had to go home , it's just not right having to stay out in the cold .

California's winter weather > Detroit's winter weather :beer:

Last edited:

G-STANG

Established Member
Congrats on the personal best in street trim. I bet you had alot of people saying wtf on 18 inch wheels that is a fast sob.

Users who are viewing this thread